Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if this one would work for water:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Digi...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

i want to get a water temp gauge digital if i can. and maybe oil pressure if i can.

i have a 07 700

anyone else have digital gauges? pics? i was going to remove the warning labels and put them somewhere on the front fender.

anyone have issues with the back of them getting wet?

maybe provide me with ebay links to waterproof ones?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah and easier to read than tqs's inline one its nice to just look down and see "oh 180 deg" im just worried about the elements with the back being in the fender getting wet and dirty if it will hold up to it. and also clearence if im jumping or something will the tire hit it?

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Should be plenty of room... I have 23's and my fronts are far from the front fenders...
Far as water proof I have no clue.. You could always get a trail tech vapor that would work. Stuckey is gunna send me his later this year because he has fat bars now. I believe the temp display is very small on the trail tech vapor tho....

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how about would i do that? PVC piping? i don't want to make it janky something that looks professional but a beginner. also, for the temp can i just hook up to the current temp gauge on the head and will that tell me accurate ?

·
Registered
528 Posts
trail tech vapor doesn't do oil pressure. the temp is real easy to look down and see when you are riding, I had no problems seeing it on mine.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
for the temp gauge you need a sending unit setup for the resistance the gauge is setup for. The one in the head im guessing is simply an on off type of sensor...but i could be wrong. To make some waterproof gauges, could do something with some pvc or maybe find someone who works with aluminum and either have something milled or weld up some mounts. Just some ideas for ya.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts