Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of going with a direct shifter but was wondering if they would wear the trans out faster or do anything like that since they dont have the linkage there to buffer some of the movement....do you just have to be more careful to not shift too hard?? how long have you been running yours?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Its just about the same, but I recommend roll-design:thumbsup: shifter over ims, much better quality.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got the expensive roll design and i heard its short but i couldnt pass up the crazy deal....the roll design one is better than the pro design right? or is it all rider preference? and i mean the solid one not the flimsy 25 dollar ims.....and as for the sprocket changing question i think it would be way easier to change sprockets because you wont have to remove the linkage which is in the way

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I had the high end IMS one and switched over to the pro-design one. The IMS one was too short and I had it all the up I could and my boot still didn't fit under it. I now have the pro-design one and it has enough room for me. One thing though is that the IMS one felt to shift better and felt a little smoother.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
FastFirstGen said:
i got the expensive roll design and i heard its short but i couldnt pass up the crazy deal....the roll design one is better than the pro design right? or is it all rider preference? and i mean the solid one not the flimsy 25 dollar ims.....and as for the sprocket changing question i think it would be way easier to change sprockets because you wont have to remove the linkage which is in the way
Tell me about the stupid sprocket, I had to remove the peg >.> lol

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Pro Design > Roll Design > IMS Steel

IMO. Owned the first and last and tried the middle.

Larger Pro Design was a must for my out of frames otherwise I might have kept the shorter IMS steel unit that was rubbing my case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts