Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
talkin about a can am that can do 90mph, i havent even really even craked the issue yet i cant help but see this shiitt on the cover, IMO dirt wheels bends us over as rappy owners, they dont do enough coverage on the baddest mofo in the land, so cant wait to hear about the 90mph can -am , can -am WTF?

·
Registered
833 Posts
it is just a suped up outlander. i think it sucks myself waste of space. just my thoughts.

·
Registered
200 Posts
What is it, a souped up Outty?.........Who cares.........Pssst!
The only thing I want to hear about Can Am is a DS450 or a redesigned 650.
I haven't been a subscriber in a while now but even when I see them at the store there's nothing worth buying.........And it does seem like they don't talk much about the 700 at all....... ::)

·
Registered
54 Posts
My buddy has an Outlander Max. Awesome quad for what it is. Surprisingly quick to (70+ on the beach). The woman-folk use it on our duning trips and it's great for winching out our quads on tree shots that didn't go as planned. :grin_nod:

Last time out my truck got stuck in the sand while heading to our sand camp. Disconnected my 5 x 10 trailer (empty) and was able to get the truck to camp. We used the Bomb...erm Can-am to pull the trailer into camp. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

·
Registered
728 Posts
the thing stock is suppose to have 60 hp but is also weighs like 600 lbs. why on earth would somebody pay $9300.00 for that :eek:. IMO its ugly :lol:. i found a hard enough time paying for the raptor and to another $2000+ on to it. its a joke if you ask me.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Anyone else been seeing the can-am infomercials? I couldn't believe they paid for a 1/2 hour slot. They were basically bashing all of the other 4x4's with mud bogs and drag races. Pretty lame.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeah i two have seen the dirtwheels aticle about it. What gets me is that it doesn't really even have much done to it. Its got a ron woods exhaust system and a clutch kit. Yeah i have seen the infomercials also. They make it look like its the best in every category. But i think it is more trueful than polarises b/s tests.

jamie

·
Registered
429 Posts
The main problem with a magazine is the crowd that buys. I know here in MN it is about a 20:1 ratio of utlities over the sport models. I guess who ever pays the bills get's the coverage. Sad but true!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If you havnt noticed by now, dirtwheels is a joke!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I happen to own a Outty 800 and its a GREAT machine and ALOT faster than you think! Also the one in the mag has more than just a pipe it has efi controller, cams, porting, pistons, they also took all the 4x4 stuff out.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have ridden that new Can-Am at a release/launch type thing and I was impressed. It is fast, for what it is, but 90 is very optimistic. Tons of power, very comfortable and I even like the looks. And lets remember it is the magazines, all the mags, to promote the newest thing out. They have to make it sound like it is the hot new thing and the best since sliced bread. We all know the Raptor is the big dog. :grin_nod:

Craig,

·
Registered
194 Posts
geeez guys give it a break...the rappy is not the only bike ever made..there is not a 4x4 quad that compares to an outy in performance..they are in their own league,i think it was a very good article and interesting..dirt wheels is not selling out....its not called sportracing2wheeldriveonlywheels...better to be a fan of quading in general instead of wearing binders.. 8)

·
Registered
767 Posts
DITCHBANGER said:
geeez guys give it a break...the rappy is not the only bike ever made..there is not a 4x4 quad that compares to an outy in performance..they are in their own league,i think it was a very good article and interesting..dirt wheels is not selling out....its not called sportracing2wheeldriveonlywheels...better to be a fan of quading in general instead of wearing binders.. 8)
No doubt, can't wait to see the Renegade. :crazy:

·
Registered
684 Posts
DITCHBANGER said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
sparky yfz said:
DITCHBANGER said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
lol...yea :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I agree there are other machines then just the 700. I like reading about all the machines.....but it does seem that the 700 isnt in the mags that much. How about a stupid exhaust shootout....or a "build in progress" 700.....something.....
Also, dirt wheels needs a good lesson on editing and getting specs right. I am constantly seeing errors in there mag. :crazy:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think the can am that supposably does 90 stock or watever is bs, and i think dirt wheels is okay but ive only bought a couple issues. One of those was the issues about the raptor 700 lol. I prefer sand sports mag.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts