Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my dirt wheels today(im a few days behind everyone else) i was looking on page 44 at the Supercharged KFX730. says 130hp at the crank. anyone else see this and have any thoughts ?

and this months shoot out with the grizzly raptor and renegade ?

where it says at over 800 pounds you do not want to tip the renegade on its side. one rider cant lift i back over, it took help from all of our test riders to get the beat back on four wheels.

and in the conclusion it says for the tough mud riding the extra power might come in handy, but the other flaws it has will certainly disappoint you in the long run.

sounds like the renegade ain't perfect yet, and quite a pain the ass to get flipped back over.

·
Registered
314 Posts
yeah, i was realy surprised the can-am didnt get a better reveiw. from what ive seen and heard of them, they are a pretty awsome machine! tons of power output, heh, you know it has to be strong to get 800lbs moving like that thing moves!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know what the magazine said, but I don't believe the renegade would win a drag against the raptor. From the way the article reads they are evenly matched and would be a tie from a roll.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
What month dirt wheels?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Chet said:
just got my dirt wheels today(im a few days behind everyone else) i was looking on page 44 at the Supercharged KFX730. says 130hp at the crank. anyone else see this and have any thoughts ?

and this months shoot out with the grizzly raptor and renegade ?

where it says at over 800 pounds you do not want to tip the renegade on its side. one rider cant lift i back over, it took help from all of our test riders to get the beat back on four wheels.

and in the conclusion it says for the tough mud riding the extra power might come in handy, but the other flaws it has will certainly disappoint you in the long run.

sounds like the renegade ain't perfect yet, and quite a pain the ass to get flipped back over.

For maybe one minute, then BOOM! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
jefffoxsr said:
I know what the magazine said, but I don't believe the renegade would win a drag against the raptor. From the way the article reads they are evenly matched and would be a tie from a roll.
Drags start from a dead stop! Rolling starts are an exuse for the guy in second place!!! :grin_nod: Sad but true fact. :( When the Can-Am 800 first came out - it pulled on a 700 - with 2 people on it!!!!! Most people don't buy those type of quads for speed, so what the hell? Ain't plowing the drive @ 70mph just great?!?! :crazy:

·
Registered
209 Posts
O.K.
They're talking about the weight differences.
"Raptor has the lowest reading at just over 400 lbs. ....Grizzly is 200 lbs. heavier while the Renegade is another 200 lbs. heavier weighing about 800 lbs."
Factory claimed weights are: Raptor, 396. Renegade, 597. Grizzly, 602.

How the hell can the Renegade weigh 200 lbs. more than the Grizz?
Claimed weight is within 5 lbs. Both have the same fuel capacity. What, the Renegade holds an extra 200 lbs. worth of oil and coolant?
Did they forget to kick the rider off before they weighed it?

·
Registered
579 Posts
When I first saw the test I thought it was their attempt to beat up on Yamaha'a 700s with an 800 twin but at the end I was surprised that they weren’t that thrilled with the CanAm. Glad I dont have a renegade 800.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I owned an Outlander 800. It's not 800lbs, not sure where they got that from. It's 630 without fuel. I had mine on it's side, I got it back by myself, the Renegade is in the high 500lbs, so if they couldn't get it back over, I'm shocked. The Renegade has it's good and bad points. The bad is the drive train, in particular the CVT, the extreme heat that 800 puts out and the EFI system. The good is when it's running right, the 800 is a strong motor and beats everything stock vs. stock. 4x4 isn't needed on dry pavement to beat a sport quad. At the end of the day, who really cares? Ride what you like and that is all that matters.

MK

·
Registered
41 Posts
Remember too that it is Dirt Wheels.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a Renegade and it is not 800 pounds or I'm one strong MF'er cuz I can lift the front and rear without an issue. As far as speed, I have an 07 Raptor also and stock for stock the Renegade walks the Raptor. Now the real question is this; with both modded which one will prevail. It's big and heavy and incredibly nimble for 600 plus pound beast and I like it :thumbsup:

I personally believe once modded the Raptor will out run it. IMHO the Raptor engine comes from the factory pretty corked up.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
if that fat beast of a Renegade can beat a raptor at almost twice the weight of a raptor imagine(sp) what it could do if can-am put it on a diet and lost about 200 lbs. that thing would haul some ass then. kinda off topic but thats just what i was thinking when i saw a renegade for the first time and the dealer told me it could take a raptor anyday.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Man, I don't get where some of you guys get your info from. :3question:

The Can-am weighs 600lbs. With gas and rider you can do the math but it's definitely not a 800lb quad.

The Renegade is a good quad but it's limited. I have a 06 Brute Force 750 that is about the same weight. It can do everything the can-am can do except maybe catch as much air do to suspension travel. In a race my Brute Force bone stock is about as fast as a piped LTZ400. The Renegade is a tank that is made to go through ruff terrain fast and a little more nimble than a full blown utility quad. The utility class GNCC racing is where the can-am does well but there are some drawbacks... such as the IRS. The IRS makes whipping the rear around a lot harder than a SRA quad. I'd personally would still take a Prairie 700 if I was going to race GNCC utility and build up the motor some.

Check the brute in action: :lol:

Brute Force vs KFX400 - http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/Rhyno1983/?action=view&current=06071003.flv

Watch the right side Brute Force Launch - http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/Rhyno1983/?action=view&current=06071001.flv

And that machine is bone stock... still had the stock filter installed and a winch installed. Very fun machine to own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts