1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 Raptor 350

HMF slip on

UNI air boot on carb

No idea whats been done with carb jetting/adjusting mite be all stock?

When I get past 3/4 throttle my motor bogs/misfires, stays running just doesnt pull anymore.

Also when I turn out drain plug in carb gas just keeps coming out...is this normal? (Petcock is "ON" while im doing this but bike is off)

I did have an issue once where after ridding rough terrain it bogged down, shut off and would only idle...after dumping carb bowl and running on half choke till it cleared up it seemed back to normal other than hi rpm bogging and im not sure it did that before this as I had just got it.

Thanks!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
06 Raptor 350

HMF slip on

UNI air boot on carb

No idea whats been done with carb jetting/adjusting mite be all stock?

When I get past 3/4 throttle my motor bogs/misfires, stays running just doesnt pull anymore.

Also when I turn out drain plug in carb gas just keeps coming out...is this normal? (Petcock is "ON" while im doing this but bike is off)

I did have an issue once where after ridding rough terrain it bogged down, shut off and would only idle...after dumping carb bowl and running on half choke till it cleared up it seemed back to normal other than hi rpm bogging and im not sure it did that before this as I had just got it.

Thanks!
I suggest you remove, dismantle and clean the carb, sounds like dirt in the carb..............

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you have a UNI air filter mounted right to your carb your jetting is way out, i'd be willing to bet a hundred bucks a carb cleaning aint gonna fix it that your jetting is still stock. You will end up melting the rings on your piston and it will start smoking like crazy if it already isn't, Go on ebay, source a stock airbox with filter, with lid, stock boot to carb, go back all stock and work your way from there. Remember, more airflow in the carb, thus into the cylinder, means more heat, air heats up quicker then fuel and fuel helps keep engine cylinder temps low. Air flow and fuel should be matched, called air fuel ratio. There are alot of people that think you can do this kind of thing, ramming tons of air into your motor and it will make there quad faster and when it destroys its time to sell. You probably shouldn't ride it anymore until you get this fixed, it will only get worse if its already doing what you have described. I recommend doing what I have listed above, then, order a Dyno Jet Jet Kit, install it and you will have a blazing fast Raptor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts