Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering how difficult it is to do a cam swap? Something the average shade tree mechanic can do, or is this better left to the pros?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I did a little reading about it on the Trinity website and I personaly would leave it to the pros.

·
Registered
82 Posts
BTW I also was talking to my guy that does my service and mods about doing a cam and he said it would be good to plan on doing it when I get my valves adjusted that way hes already in there and it will save a little $.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I did my cam swap myself. Diesel Mech by trade so i guess I was comfortable doing it. Just take the side cover off and rotate to TDC. Take cam gear and timing chain off. Someone needs to push down the rocker arms as you pull the cam out so they do not get caught on the cam lobes. Lube up cam and install in reverse order. Set valves to stock gaps and your good to go! Just make sure you put the cam gear back on at TDC so your timing will still be set. Hopes this helps at all!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I have done cam swaps on my car, so I wouldn't think this would be much worse (sounds easier). Thanks for the how to Rollin - BTW, did the stage 1 cam make a big difference? How do you like it?

smoked, if I only went stage 1, I don't have to do valve springs correct?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.