Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone knows about these i read thet they claim a 42% hp increase i got a chance to buy one just wondering if this claim is b.s. seems like alot for just a pipe

·
Registered
240 Posts
if you can get it for cheap go ahead, but I would get the DMC Afterburner if you have a choice.

I had the Alien for about 3 years and it caused a lot of problems, broken exhaust studs and bolts severl times. The packing would not last and it actually blew the sparkarrestor out the back while I was riding it. I did give good power but was not worth the ertra hassle headache. It finally cracked around the head pipe so i sent it to DMC and since they dont make it anymore there was nothing they could do with it so they just sent me a brand new Afterburner 4 complete exhaust free of charge!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have a dmc allen exhust! lol I thought i was only one. Here what i can say i know. I herd in a big comparasion test it was the loudest but i dont thank any duals where in the test. I dont know the power increase esactly but I did fell a differnt with just it alone with k&n as only aftermarket parts. It was stolen 2 yrs got it back pipe been on for 3 and half years. I did exsperiance a broken stud that turn into broken stud mount on head. Not sure why this happen i was just rideing never hit anythang and i herd a loud noise the header pipe stud was missing so i pootd on home and had to have it taped out then installing new stud it cracked. I thank this could be cause the person who stole it look like they hit something at one time i see a tiny dent on this header pipe. When I got it back the baffle was lose had to find new screws for it.

Overall I guess it`s a good pipe for me I loved to get something differnt but if you could get this cheap or good price than go for it.

damn war alot of prob I never used the spark arestor. Is there packing in it stock without the arestor? I never looked into it till i got it back from stolen. What could be reasson for it breaking all time for you? Cool deal on afterburner i wish i had one.

·
Registered
240 Posts
the design and the way they mount do not allow for much flex, so on modded motor with a lot of vibration the exhaust studs became the weak link.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
If it was a 42% increase I think everyone would have one at that price. :lol:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Do you thank I could mod it in any way like drill holes bigger on the mounting end plate or anythang? I hate to run into this i just got my head fix "$120" And dont need to break the head again nore a stud. I just dont see buying a new system anytime soon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
got an alien with my rappy I put the thing in it to quiet it down and I can tell the difference. And I can’t get the jets just right; close but not just right.

·
Registered
240 Posts
had the same problem with jetting, never could get it perfect no matter what.

I tried everthing to keep it from breaking head studs, nothing worked. I tapped out the head and used larger grade 8 bolts and they did not break, but the head pipe paid the price it cracked and almost broke completely off at the flange. My advice would be to tap the head for a standard course thread bolt and use lockwashers to help it stay tight, I went with a 1/4" diameter bolt with a 7/16 head.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Wish I would have knew all of this I already paid and had my head worked on rebuilt mount and rethread if i would have knew i got them to rethread all holes bigger. What was your jeting and air/fuel screw adjustment if you can remember with this pipe? When i got this allen system with jetkit and k&n i took it to shop they did not put the jetkit in and kept it i just find out 2yrs later :( It worked good with the stock jets :/? never back fire always idel good. But i am buying a jetkit AGAIN and doing it my self after motor rebuild and any advice about this pipe on any setup would be great.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think the last jets I ran.........let me start over

I had no airbox, just a K&N filter with outerwear
stage 1 cam
102mm piston 12:1
DMC alien
I ride at 5000 to 6000 feet of altitude

running dyno jet jets, needles and springs.

I think I had 160/165 4th clip on both and A/F at 2.5 turns, pilots were 25's

hope it helps out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts