Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever come across this?

I recently bought a 'Bolt On' power upgrade off of ebay. The package comprises of a complete Dual DMC Comp 4 exhaust system, DMC's EFI controller & K&N Air Filter with Velocity stack & Outwears cover.
All Mapped and suited to a standard Raptor 700, no need for computer downloads or Rolling Roads set-up.

The Dual DMC's look awsome & sound amazing, but when left ticking-over for a few minutes the Exhaust 'Header' pipes glow Red/ Orange. I always thought that this meant that the mixture was too lean, which can cause the Valves to burn out and other engine damage!

A friend of mine 'in the know' is positive that it's because the set up is designed for the American market & the Altitude difference here in the UK - but It doesn't seem right to me, the altitude isn't that different at near Sea level!

Another mate has an LTR 450 fitted with a Yoshi - and his quad does this all the time and is completely normal. Blipping the throttle keeps the header pipe from getting too hot.

Any help or information on this would be really appreciated.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
100% normal at idle

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Mine does it too, it's normal. Its also handy to light cigs off when the holes soak your lighter.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Mine does it too, it's normal. Its also handy to light cigs off when the holes soak your lighter.
glad to see im not the only one doing that!

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Check your plug to double check, if it's tan or brown you are good to go, if it's white you are lean, black you are rich.

·
Registered
305 Posts
what map did they have on it for you?

·
Registered
448 Posts
ya my duels do the same thing and i have had my raptor dyno tuned for my setup, so i know its not to lean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts