Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the left side of the header where you are supposed to make sure that the 3 sets of wires are out of the way. How the heck are you doing that? No matter what i do the closest to the outside wire seems like it's going to be in the way of the pipe and touch it some way. How and what did you do to ensure that doesn't happen??

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also one other think where the megaphone and the header meet up what holds that together do they slip into each other or am i missing an adaptor of some sort like the one from the stock pipe?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also does anyone have a map for the dmc force fours, monster intake with pro design foam filter, no lid?

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
I bought some of the heat shield tape at Autozone, and wrapped the wires good, I also put a couple tie wraps over the tape to make sure it stays. I also recall the pipes just slip together, It's been a while since i put them on though, and the bike is at Houser again, so I can't check right now.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
On the Maps, I can't share the link due to being another forum, however if you google
"raptor 700 power commander maps" it should be the first hit, there is one there that should work for you.

·
Brooklyn Raptor.
441 Posts
There is a sealer im not sure what its called but you should apply that to the seams where the header meets the megaphone. i put aluminum foil around the wires a few times but it kept coming off so i stopped caring just move them away and zip tie maybe some heat shield tape youll be fine just make sure there not in direct contact. These were the same questions and worries i had when i bought my megaphones, As you should already know they are the F-ing BEST!

·
Registered
153 Posts
The pipes just slide together, no need to put anything on them. The wires come close but as long as their not touching the pipe you shouldn't have a problem. I haven't in over a year, but like the others said get some heat tape for peace of mind if you want.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Zip tie the wires back, get some heat tape and tape up anything close the pipe just for the extra insurance, and yes they just slip together like alot of other pipes do so no worries and don't put anything in the seam where they come together thats just silly. These pipes are the easiest to put on great fitment

·
Brooklyn Raptor.
441 Posts
My force 4`s leaked from the seams a bit so i put seam sealer. Thats all im saying.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Try wrapping some of the longer zip ties around the wires and the starter. That should keep them far enough from the pipe so you won't worry.

·
Brooklyn Raptor.
441 Posts
Theyre not designed to have seam sealer put on them but i understand if you tweaked them when putting them on thats all im sayin:D
Your an ass! :brick: :horse:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Can one of you post some pics of the left side pipe, so I can see how it routes/fits. I am considering getting these since everything I have read so far says they are as good as the Barkers yet a little quieter.

·
Brooklyn Raptor.
441 Posts
Can one of you post some pics of the left side pipe, so I can see how it routes/fits. I am considering getting these since everything I have read so far says they are as good as the Barkers yet a little quieter.
There better then the barkers and look better!

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
There is a sealer im not sure what its called but you should apply that to the seams where the header meets the megaphone. i put aluminum foil around the wires a few times but it kept coming off so i stopped caring just move them away and zip tie maybe some heat shield tape youll be fine just make sure there not in direct contact. These were the same questions and worries i had when i bought my megaphones, As you should already know they are the F-ing BEST!
sealer........aluminum foil ???

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok i fired her up after giving her a new map for the dmc. but i have a question. are the header pipes supposed to get fire red?? Is this normal or did i do something wrong?????:eek:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts