Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we did not have time before the customer came to pick up the bike to switch the exhuasts, however.... We have dynos now of two identical builds minus the exhaust. Porting, cam, stock bore hc piston and pipes.

The results were as follows:

Again these are two seperate bikes!

Peak hp dif .2 going to lte

Peak tq dif .6 going to lte

rpm at which hp begins to fall: 7050 dmc / 7900 lte

rpm at which tq begins to fall below the other system: 7200 / lte makes about 6 ft lbs more than dmc from around 7300-8500.

Both graphs are very similar until about 7200 at that point the lte is the better system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
So it sounds like up to 7000 rpm they are pretty equall. . . Maybe on the stock motor they would be the same?


Have you guys put a Ron Woods pipe on a similar build? I am getting ready to order an exhaust today. Let me know how the Woods pipe compares so I can make a decisioin. Also if you could PM me the price for the LTE and let me know if you have them in stock. THANKS!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,678 Posts
Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,553 Posts
What were the power #s, can you post the graphs of each overlayed each other. Mine dont have a cam and would like to have an idea of what kind of power I would gain- and what were the cams used?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
What were the power #s, can you post the graphs of each overlayed each other. Mine dont have a cam and would like to have an idea of what kind of power I would gain- and what were the cams used?

Hey guys, consider ourselves lucky we got what we did, considering how busy they are. I am suprised Mark found time to post any results. They are up to their asses in alligators at Kenz Cycle Tech right now trying to get all the customer bikes as well as their own ready for FSW on MLK weekend. I would much rather see them getting the bikes ready (including mine ;)) than posting graphs on the forum 8)

I am sure after the dust from FSW settles Mark can find the time to post a graph.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Kenz, thanks for posting your dyno information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,439 Posts
Great INFO :thumbsup: Thanks!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
VelociRaptor said:
What were the power #s, can you post the graphs of each overlayed each other. Mine dont have a cam and would like to have an idea of what kind of power I would gain- and what were the cams used?

Hey guys, consider ourselves lucky we got what we did, considering how busy they are. I am suprised Mark found time to post any results. They are up to their asses in alligators at Kenz Cycle Tech right now trying to get all the customer bikes as well as their own ready for FSW on MLK weekend. I would much rather see them getting the bikes ready (including mine ;)) than posting graphs on the forum 8)

I am sure after the dust from FSW settles Mark can find the time to post a graph.
We are lucky to get this (free) info, Thanks for the post Cycle Tech :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,446 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
VelociRaptor said:
What were the power #s, can you post the graphs of each overlayed each other. Mine dont have a cam and would like to have an idea of what kind of power I would gain- and what were the cams used?

Hey guys, consider ourselves lucky we got what we did, considering how busy they are. I am suprised Mark found time to post any results. They are up to their asses in alligators at Kenz Cycle Tech right now trying to get all the customer bikes as well as their own ready for FSW on MLK weekend. I would much rather see them getting the bikes ready (including mine ;)) than posting graphs on the forum 8)

I am sure after the dust from FSW settles Mark can find the time to post a graph.
Up on your high horse again...  I don't think it would take more than a few minutes of time to post those graphs, but whatever.  I am sure you are just looking out for number 1.  I don't think anyone here was looking a gift horse in the mouth or anything.  I don't really care either way, just annoyed by your comment.  You just don't need to jump all over people for a simple request.  It is good publicity for Kez Cycle anyway and I appreciate any information they are willing to provide.

Thanks Mark

EDIT***
Maybe I spoke too soon LOL :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
pile0g00 said:
RaptorRandy27 said:
VelociRaptor said:
What were the power #s, can you post the graphs of each overlayed each other. Mine dont have a cam and would like to have an idea of what kind of power I would gain- and what were the cams used?

Hey guys, consider ourselves lucky we got what we did, considering how busy they are. I am suprised Mark found time to post any results. They are up to their asses in alligators at Kenz Cycle Tech right now trying to get all the customer bikes as well as their own ready for FSW on MLK weekend. I would much rather see them getting the bikes ready (including mine ;)) than posting graphs on the forum 8)

I am sure after the dust from FSW settles Mark can find the time to post a graph.
Up on your high horse again... I don't think it would take more than a few minutes of time to post those graphs, but whatever. I am sure you are just looking out for number 1. I don't think anyone here was looking a gift horse in the mouth or anything. I don't really care either way, just annoyed by your comment. You just don't need to jump all over people for a simple request. It is good publicity for Kez Cycle anyway and I appreciate any information they are willing to provide.

Thanks Mark

EDIT***
Maybe I spoke too soon LOL :D
Yes you did,

I wasn't jumping on any one, I just didn't want everyone to get disapointed if Mark was to damn busy to post a graph, had nothing to do with looking out for number one, that was a joke , did you miss the wink after that comment? FYI, even though it's none of your business, I told Ken not to worry if my Bike wasn't ready in time for FSW. Now don't you feel special? I think it's you who needs to get off your friggen high horse :moon:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,514 Posts
ok, now it's time to hug and make up... :thumbsup:
or kiss and make up, wich ever you like ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,688 Posts
Right after I read the comparison, I knew there were going to be a gearhead that would need to know every single detail as to how they came up with those #'s. Of course Cams, compression, headwork, and tons of other things will alter the #'s on Both pipes. Looks like the verdict is in guys, and that is: bolt on the LTE's and know you have the BEST Pipes money can buy ! :grin_nod: I did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,446 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
...I think it's you who needs to get off your friggen high horse :moon:
:wave-finger: :lol: J/K Randy hope your having a good New Year :lol:
Honestly I don't really see why we need graphs anyway. He interpreted the graphs that is good enough for me. Bottom line LTE > DMC

NICK said:
ok, now it's time to hug and make up... :thumbsup:
or kiss and make up, wich ever you like ;)
No need I can respect his opinion, just don't have to agree with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way. I'm very grateful that Kenz posted the results. I'm also willing to admit that the LTE's came on top with a high compression, cammed and ported engine.

BUT I would still love to see how they do on a motor with just the first three mods. (stock cam,head, and compression) The stock motor wheezes at 6500 RPM. The DMC's may be a viable option for the guy with that set-up.

By the way I have neither of these pipes so I'm not partial. I'm leaning towards the LTE for several reasons, after my suspension work, and few other mods are complete but I will say I don't like the pipe being that close to the shock resevoir. The whole dimple thing is a non-issue in my book but I do have some concerns over heating up the shock oil. This is not a big deal for hill shooters but it is important to me as a woods / XC type.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
BJH said:
Don't take this the wrong way. I'm very grateful that Kenz posted the results. I'm also willing to admit that the LTE's came on top with a high compression, cammed and ported engine.

BUT I would still love to see how they do on a motor with just the first three mods. (stock cam,head, and compression) The stock motor wheezes at 6500 RPM. The DMC's may be a viable option for the guy with that set-up.

By the way I have neither of these pipes so I'm not partial. I'm leaning towards the LTE for several reasons, after my suspension work, and few other mods are complete but I will say I don't like the pipe being that close to the shock resevoir. The whole dimple thing is a non-issue in my book but I do have some concerns over heating up the shock oil. This is not a big deal for hill shooters but it is important to me as a woods / XC type.
....The new hangers bother me too!
 
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Top