Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent ALL day today riding since like 10 am... came back and whats on my porch? Pipes, tfi controller and nerfs, so of course i spent ALL night hooking em up. Unfortunatley some dumbass left the hose on and it froze so i was unable to wash the bike before installing the pipes, much less put my graphics kit on. Anyway, put em on, fired it up and all i could say was DAMN!! these pipes are some bad shit! i popped the spark arrestors out before i even started it and i sound like a harley goin down the road. Little on the loud side, but the sound is great, like a very low deep rumble that cracks the air when you mash the throttle. The power (even without tuning properly) was sick. Stock with the 15t and box lid i couldnt get it to stand up in 5th, would have to start in 4th and even then pop the clutch pretty hard most of the time. Now with the pipes, intake, sprocket, filter and lid if i want ti to stand up all i have to do is crack it open and hold on. I tuned it after a short ride, but didnt get a chance to take it out tuned. How would you guys with the dobeck set it for my mods? im at 1-5, 2-6, and 3-6 atm, but i havent tested it yet. well anyways i need to stop acting like a giddy school girl.. heres the pics:

dont mind the filthy bike, the pipes are a lil off balance cause i broke my grab bar, just threw em on since i got a new grab bar coming in monday.

and lastly...

my sorry ass after a long days work/play... ya im freakin beat

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
raptor07 said:
Nice! You actually got that dark grey color too!
yup yup, i was actually kinda suprised.. i opened the box and was like "ooh lucky me, got the nice color... hey where the f%$k are my stickers???"

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NJRaptor said:
You got hosed on the stickers too?
sniff..yea...sniff... :'(

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got the dark color too...and no stickers!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Look good. Did they go on easy? Also, I was wondering what this is?

The area circled in yellow, is the can bent or is that a metal shaving or something else?

·
Registered
689 Posts
You pics look like some kinda magazine add for DMC. The quad is dirty but the "NEW DMC PIPES ARE SO BAD MUD IS SCARED OF THEM". Look good man. All the mud really makes the pipes stand out. I was curious too looks like the pipe is stepped or am i just seeing things?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yea i got hosed on the stickers too. :mad: But i have no complaints on my setup. it will be a torque monster. The system is stepped. My bad

·
Registered
175 Posts
vanillagorilla said:
You pics look like some kinda magazine add for DMC. The quad is dirty but the "NEW DMC PIPES ARE SO BAD MUD IS SCARED OF THEM". Look good man. All the mud really makes the pipes stand out. I was curious too looks like the pipe is stepped or am i just seeing things?
They are stepped. The pipe ID does get bigger as the exhaust system progresses towards the cans.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
pile0g00 said:

The area circled in yellow, is the can bent or is that a metal shaving or something else?
Looks like a strand of packing material may have gotten trapped on the outside maybe?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Looks nice man. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
BJH said:
pile0g00 said:

Looks like a strand of packing material may have gotten trapped on the outside maybe?
Thats what it looks like to me too.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya packing stuff... its off now

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just installed my duals.

Took the quad to work, put it up on the lift, and 1 hour later it was on the floor and at idle. :thumbsup:

Sounds good, fit great, and quality piece all around.

Now to get my PCIII and then I can play. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
175 Posts
CAROLINA_700R said:
NJRaptor please post some pics 8)
Hopefully next weekend when I get it all done. :thumbsup:

I have plenty of stock pics, such as my avatar pic. Just none with any work done to it.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I noticed your right ear is pierced, hopefully your left one is too or we might think your gay..... :p :nana:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Machy said:
I noticed your right ear is pierced, hopefully your left one is too or we might think your gay..... :p :nana:
lol pretty sure im not gay.. both are pierced, tongue too (girlfreind seems to like that for some reason...) :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
very nice! how do u eat with that thing anyways.... did it hurt getting it pierced or did you drink a sle :lol:rpy before

1 - 20 of 45 Posts