Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just got back from Waynoka, Ok and had 4 Days of perfect conditions in the sand. I bought my 2007 700 SE about 5 Months ago but never had ridden it yet. I have the DMC Duals, PCIII and Pro Flow with no lid. I was running a tune that I got from another member who had his bike dynoed and I know that two bikes are never the same. He did have the same mods as me. The first Dyno is my Dyno at the dunes and the second Dyno is the other members Dyno. Look how lean that MAP is on my bike. It was 82 degree and the bike made 52 RWHP after 8 runs. They let it cool off and it made 53RWHP and was a tad rich. I will give my MAP to anyone who wants it for free but I would Dyno ypur bike if I were you. These guys at the dunes Dyno hundreds of quads and on there dyno a stocker 700 with dyno tires makes 38 to 42 RWHP. I did have dyno tires on for the runs and they did not shred. LOL! These guys sell the LTE's and said the best they have got with the 3 mods was 54 RWHP. I think the LTE's carry the power a little longer in the powerband. Let me know what you guys think. The bike is running awesome. Hard to keep the front end down! :grin_nod:

One of my Dyno pulls from Waynoka, OK

A MAP that was given to me with the exact same mods that I have and lok how lean it is.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Interesting. Thats my map and whilst my dyno sheet reflected almost identical power to the run you posted above (51.8hp) AFR's never hit 13.1 which is a fair bit richer than your other map.

Why would this be I wonder. I run 98 octane and whilst in cars it's important to run the fuel that your car was tuned on, some have mentioned that it shouldn't make a difference with a Raptor.

Goes to show how different bikes respond to the same tune. I've given my tune to about 8 members on this forum now so it would be worthwhile for them to have their bikes run on the Dyno just to check the AFR's.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forcefed, pm me your email and I will send you this MAP for you to try. Your bike might like it. My bike wanted more fuel and did not loose any HP.

forcefed said:
Interesting. Thats my map and whilst my dyno sheet reflected almost identical power to the run you posted above (51.8hp) AFR's never hit 13.1 which is a fair bit richer than your other map.

Why would this be I wonder. I run 98 octane and whilst in cars it's important to run the fuel that your car was tuned on, some have mentioned that it shouldn't make a difference with a Raptor.

Goes to show how different bikes respond to the same tune. I've given my tune to about 8 members on this forum now so it would be worthwhile for them to have their bikes run on the Dyno just to check the AFR's.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am caught up. MAPS havew been sent to everyone that PM me there email address. Let me know how you like the MAP.

Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
556 Posts
These are CAST part engines and ever single one will flow different then the next guys. Also stock compression only needs 87 octane period. I don't understand why everyone insist on running higher octane to lose more hp. Low octane gas burns hotter then higher hence the better preventing of DETNO. Run 87 and forget about it. Also the only way you need to RETUNE is if your using Oxygenated fuels ...which it don't sound like you are/were.

M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts