Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been talking to the guys at DMC for a while about comming out with Duals for the 700 Raptor. Well they should start shipping within the next two weeks. These will be in the frame like the LTE's. I had Tom at Sweetquads back order mine for me. DMC will be sending me some photos on Monday and I will post some of the prototype photos they have. I just can't spend almost $700.00 and put a hammer to my exhaust. I really like the dual set up and just think it's nice to have more choices than just one dual set up. I will say this for the LTE's, they do perform. I am not trying to knock the LTE's. If I had a 2006 Raptor I would have bought them. We shall see how the DMC duals perform. More to come.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Below is a photo of what the DMC canisters look like. I think they look nice. IMO

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will be taking detailed photos of the Install.

G

·
thats good news, post info on them when you get em. I checked there website and no info was present. Thats awesome cant wait. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am suppose to have photos tomorrow. I will post them.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If anyone made there single can exhaust into a dual, I would want Two Brothers to do it. There exhausts are eye candy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
899 Posts

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
135boom said:
If anyone made there single can exhaust into a dual, I would want Two Brothers to do it. There exhausts are eye candy. :thumbsup:
how bad do you want one? i can hit up this buddy i know at 2 bros...i will be getting an exhaust from him when i get ready, they are right up the street form my work
what all would go into making a single to a dual, i suppose new headers since you have a fmf, 2 bros doesn't make a header for the 700 cuz the stock one is pretty good already, per 2 bros...
i suppose they would have to move the mounts to the opposite side. but would anything with the actual exhaust change??

·
Registered
85 Posts
NICK said:
135boom said:
how bad do you want one? i can hit up this buddy i know at 2 bros...i will be getting an exhaust from him when i get ready, they are right up the street form my work
what all would go into making a single to a dual, i suppose new headers since you have a fmf, 2 bros doesn't make a header for the 700 cuz the stock one is pretty good already, per 2 bros...
i suppose they would have to move the mounts to the opposite side. but would anything with the actual exhaust change??
I dont think much would change with the exhaust can at all, just the piping from the header all the way to the cans.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The can itself would stay the same, but the mounting tabs would have to be opposite of what they are.
They would just have to construct two headers.
I would pay top dollar for that! The TBR can looks sick, and they have proven performance in the street bike arena. Top notch quality too!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Check this out Boom. ....watched a program yesterday that showed a guy operating a boom...cool. I guess I thought they just flew right up and plugged in.

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shop...SearchResult-Simple-Yam-Rhino660-Dual_07.html
[/quote]

...Thats awesome!

Did you watch a thing on in flight refueling on discovery or history channel? I have seen stuff on both. Infact, just the other night I watched "dirty jobs" on discovery, and he was cleaning out the internal fuel bladders inside the wing. Then after, they took him up and put him in the boom pod with a boomer, and did some in flight refueling. Kinda cool to see what I do on TV.
As for flying up, yeah...the pilots have a small window to get the airplane in. I direct them in using lights and radio communication. When I get them were I want them....I fly the boom down, extend out and plug them. Our modo is "your hole is our goal"....or you can tell people that you are get paid to "lay on your belly and pas gas".
Now with Navy jets, they dont have recepticles...they have probes. SO, what we use are drogue baskets...and yeah...they just fly right into them. All I do is clear them to contact....and as soon as they are in, start fuel flow.
We got these pods on our wing tips a few years ago called "MPRS" (multi-pointRefueling system)...so we can refuel two probe/drogue aircraft at once...and still have use of our boom for refueling USAF aircraft that have recepticles. Before the drogue basket had to be attached at the boom, loosing the capability to refuel USAF aircraft and only being able to refuel ONE navy jet at a time.
Much more capable now.

·
Registered
899 Posts
135boom said:
Check this out Boom. ....watched a program yesterday that showed a guy operating a boom...cool. I guess I thought they just flew right up and plugged in.

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shop...SearchResult-Simple-Yam-Rhino660-Dual_07.html
...Thats awesome!

Did you watch a thing on in flight refueling on discovery or history channel? I have seen stuff on both. Infact, just the other night I watched "dirty jobs" on discovery, and he was cleaning out the internal fuel bladders inside the wing. Then after, they took him up and put him in the boom pod with a boomer, and did some in flight refueling. Kinda cool to see what I do on TV.
As for flying up, yeah...the pilots have a small window to get the airplane in. I direct them in using lights and radio communication. When I get them were I want them....I fly the boom down, extend out and plug them. Our modo is "your hole is our goal"....or you can tell people that you are get paid to "lay on your belly and pas gas".
Now with Navy jets, they dont have recepticles...they have probes. SO, what we use are drogue baskets...and yeah...they just fly right into them. All I do is clear them to contact....and as soon as they are in, start fuel flow.
We got these pods on our wing tips a few years ago called "MPRS" (multi-pointRefueling system)...so we can refuel two probe/drogue aircraft at once...and still have use of our boom for refueling USAF aircraft that have recepticles. Before the drogue basket had to be attached at the boom, loosing the capability to refuel USAF aircraft and only being able to refuel ONE navy jet at a time.
Much more capable now.
[/quote]

I think it was dirty jobs. I just caught the part with the operator in the pod.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
dellaquila said:
hey 135boom... i'm one of the AF weather guys that tells you that you can't refuel due to turbulence! small world! hahaha
I was actually thinking of cross training into weather, as I was gone waaaay to much. THEN I may also have a job in the civilian world after.
Last I checked, the airlines didnt need any inflight refuelers!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts