Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is a photo of the new DMC dual exhaust for the 700 Raptor. This will fit the 2006 and 2007. DMC said that the rear rez was bigger on the 2007 SE and GYTR edition. We are probably some of the first people to get a glimpse of this system. This system will be diffrent from the LTE's. The DMC system will route both (2) the mid pipes on the right side of the quad and than they will split and have canisters on each side.The aluminum canisters are anodized a dark grey. The system comes with a heat sheild. I hope they put up close to the same numbers as the LTE's. As long as they are true duals, I would think they should.
My system should shipped today and I will do a full write up on the install with Photos.

I would wait to buys these to make sure they perform but that is up to you.

SweetQuads really gave me a hell of a deal. Thanks Tom!

Two more photos are further down in the thread.

Instructions
http://www.dmc-on-line.com/AfterburnerPDF/Raptor_700_Twin.pdf

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
WOW....thanks for the pics :thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How was the power on those LTE duals compared to the aftermarket singles for the 660?
Do you just not like the look or are you saying that they wont make as much HP as equal length pipes?

RaptorRandy27 said:
LTE did it that way on the 660R and I just didn't care for it. I prefer equal length pipes on each side of the quad my self.

·
Registered
66 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
The power was still better than singles on a stocker. If you have a built engine I think the LTE's will out breath the DMC's but only time will tell.
If both pipes go over the same side, the left pipe has more turns, and it also becomes a little longer than the right one. Doesn't that affect performance?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I will find out real soon if the diffrent lenght pipes hurt the performance. I will have the DMC duals, Pro Design w/K&N, No Air box lid and PCIII. FuelMoto is loading the LTE's program in the programer. RaptorRandy would you send me you MAP? Please! I sent you a pm the other day.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
superchargemyride said:
I guess I will find out real some if the diffrent lenght pipes jurt the performance. I will have the DMC duals, Pro Design w/K&N, No Air box lid and PCIII. FuelMoto is loading the LTE's program in the programer. RaptorRandy would you send me you MAP? Please! I sent you a pn the other day.
I know you did but why would you even consider the LTE map with the DMC duals? You need to take it to the dyno and create a map for the DMC's so you can give it to the other peeps that buy them on your recomendation, that's how it works in my book.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RaptorRandy, Merry Christmas! First of all I am not recomending the DMC dual exhaust to anyone on this site but letting other Raptor owners know that there is another choice in duals besides the LTE's. I would have have bought the LTE's but I am not going to take a hammer to my brand new exhaust system because I have a 2007 Raptor. I called LTE and they said they were not changing there design.It's there company and they can do what they want. That is when I went looking for other options on duals for the Raptor. I called HMF and two other companies who said they were not going to make duals for the Raptor. I called DMC and they were already working on the dual system. It's good to have choices.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
LTE did it that way on the 660R and I just didn't care for it. I prefer equal length pipes on each side of the quad my self.
Good call Randy...I didnt catch that. I like the equal length, equal bend LTE headers better. Just looking at it, I would think the LTE's are going to flow more....only makes sense!

Nice looking exhaust though, and kind a cool someone else is doing a dual. Especially a dual system that works for the 07 peeps.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
superchargemyride said:
RaptorRandy, Merry Christmas! First of all I am not recomending the DMC dual exhaust to anyone on this site but letting other Raptor owners know that there is another choice in duals besides the LTE's. I would have have bought the LTE's but I am not going to take a hammer to my brand new exhaust system because I have a 2007 Raptor. I called LTE and they said they were not changing there design.It's there company and they can do what they want. That is when I went looking for other options on duals for the Raptor. I called HMF and two other companies who said they were not going to make duals for the Raptor. I called DMC and they were already working on the dual system. It's good to have choices.

Dude, you missed my point entirely Pay it forward, get a map made for your mods and give it to others who want to make the same choice you did. It has nothing to do with you going with a different brand, other than my map isn't designed for that set up.

You can afford to R&D super charger kits, surely you have acess to a dyno and can afford to make a map that will make your choice of mods shine.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dude, you missed my point entirely Pay it forward, get a map made for your mods and give it to others who want to make the same choice you did. It has nothing to do with you going with a different brand, other than my map isn't designed for that set up.

You can afford to R&D super charger kits, surely you have acess to a dyno and can afford to make a map that will make your choice of mods shine
I did not miss your point. I am going to have the quad put on a dyno but thought I would try out your MAP until I got it to to the the Dyno this spring at the dunes in Oklahoma. Just because I R&D supercharger kits does not mean I have money. We build the kits but let other people take care of the hi tech tuning. It's no big deal Fuelmoto loaded the LTE tune in the PCIII until I can get to the Dyno this spring. Let's just leave it at that.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
superchargemyride said:

You can afford to R&D super charger kits, surely you have acess to a dyno and can afford to make a map that will make your choice of mods shine
I did not miss your point. I am going to have the quad put on a dyno but thought I would try out your MAP until I got it to to the the Dyno this spring at the dunes in Oklahoma. Just because I R&D supercharger kits does not mean I have money. We build the kits but let other people take care of the hi tech tuning. It's no big deal Fuelmoto loaded the LTE tune in the PCIII until I can get to the Dyno this spring. Let's just leave it at that.
Dude, Randy wasnt being a dick like you are taking him as being. He didnt want to send you a map that is not for your quad....just watching out for you. Your quad will be totally different than his. The tune will not be right.
Its like using the ct map for a gytr......totally different. Yeah, there both singles, but they make totally different power, and have different fuel requirments......just like these different dual systems are going to require different fuel maps. ESPECIALLY considering the way the DMC is designed! :thumbsup:

......The LTE map "might" work.....but I doubt it will run that great! The PC map for the LTE is supposively kinda rich as it is.....I would think you will run even richER

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Another photo

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Last photo Exhaust bend on left side does not look to severe.

My exhaust shipped out today. I will Install Christmas weekend. I will update anyone that cares at that time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Does the headpipe diamater look smaller on the DMC's vs LTE's?

·
Registered
262 Posts
honestly they look bigger...LTE's have pretty small Head pipes I had mine enlarged it is stepped at the begining for the flange on the head I had mine switched to the same size throught the begining of the pipe instead of stepping down a 1/4 of an inch for a flange

1 - 20 of 245 Posts