Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a set of dmc force 4s ordered from tqs and should be here tomorrow and i was looking around and if the force 4s from tqs the same as the 1s on dmc's site i seen a post that tqs has and it says they are rated at i think 96db..and i called dmc be for tqs and they said the db leave is well over 103 does any1 know if they are the samn and what the db leave if on the tqs force 4's

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Im sure they are, if you are worried about db levels then buy the quiet cores and put the sparkys in you'll be fine

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no thats y i got the force 4's they said they was louder then the afterburners and on the post i seen tqs said they was 96db dmc said well over 103...thats what i was wanting lol

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
no thats y i got the force 4's they said they was louder then the afterburners and on the post i seen tqs said they was 96db dmc said well over 103...thats what i was wanting lol
The afterburners aren't true duals, and yes the force 4's sound sick especially when you leave the sparkys out, love mine

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
What do you mean by "not true dual"?
The original dmc afterburner "duals" have both headers routed on the right side like stock. the left pipe crosses over in back to form a dual look.
For that reason the headpipes are not equal. Different bends. One has more bends. And one side is longer.
The power curve of the afterburners isnt dissimilar to a single exhaust. Power falls off up top much the same as a single exhaust does.
Dmc then came out with the force 4's which are pretty much identical to the barkers and perform almost identical too. The force 4's are equal length and run down both sides of the quad :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
No argument with the description of the lay out 100% correct. But I still don't understand how unequal header length qualifies as not "true" dual...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
It is a fact that you have two exhausts. I dont think he is disputing that. By true duals he's talking force 4's barkers monsters lte.....all of which run each header down both sides of the machine evenly and because of this have similar power curves.
Basically the dmc afterburners are a single exhaust with two mufflers...maybe a half a step above that because they do stay seperate...and have more the power curve of a single exhaust setup

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
What do you mean by "not true dual"?
The original dmc afterburner "duals" have both headers routed on the right side like stock. the left pipe crosses over in back to form a dual look.
For that reason the headpipes are not equal. Different bends. One has more bends. And one side is longer.
The power curve of the afterburners isnt dissimilar to a single exhaust. Power falls off up top much the same as a single exhaust does.
Dmc then came out with the force 4's which are pretty much identical to the barkers and perform almost identical too. The force 4's are equal length and run down both sides of the quad :)
It is a fact that you have two exhausts. I dont think he is disputing that. By true duals he's talking force 4's barkers monsters lte.....all of which run each header down both sides of the machine evenly and because of this have similar power curves.
Basically the dmc afterburners are a single exhaust with two mufflers...maybe a half a step above that because they do stay seperate...and have more the power curve of a single exhaust setup

+1 very well put boom, exactly what i meant:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts