Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, please excuse the noob here but i have another thread running about my rappy 700 that seems to be underpowered, "blue lightning" is trying to advise, but i am wondering if its the DMC controller causing the problem so,

when i start the quad, sometimes the lights flash from right to left, but when i press the mode button to see what the settings are (i brought the quad with the big 3 on it)nothing happens, i have tried it with the quad started and with it switched off, still nothing.

i have had the quad for about 8 months now and it has run fine,
the problem started when i raced my mate on a stock rappy and he kept up???:eek:

many thanks

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Sounds like its not installed right maybe? Your not getting a light at all? Even if you press the buttons a few times?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont get any lights if i press the mode button?, the only lights go from right to left when the quad is started?

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Press the mode button twice real fast. Its a security type function on it so if anything hit the button it wont change any settings. Also you the Raptor has to be running when your adjusting it

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Press the mode button twice real fast. Its a security type function on it so if anything hit the button it wont change any settings. Also you the Raptor has to be running when your adjusting it
ok will have a go, going back to basics, when the quad is running what lights should be on if any?? as it says nothing in the instructions

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
No lights will shine at idle, but when you rev it up they will cycle through the numbers like a RPM gauge.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No lights will shine at idle, but when you rev it up they will cycle through the numbers like a RPM gauge.
it didnt do that earlier im sure, but cant test it now, so will have to be tomorrow, so what does that mean as the quads running fine?

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Well, kinda. If it does that it means its installed correctly and reading right. Lets get that much done and then we'll start in on tuning.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mate, you on line tommorow night?? as its 8pm on this side of the pond

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Yes sir. I can try to be. If not I'll get back to your questions as soon as I can. If you have a facebook my name is Facebook.com/PatrickTaylorIsMyHero, I usually get answer pretty quick through it too

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes sir. I can try to be. If not I'll get back to your questions as soon as I can. If you have a facebook my name is Facebook.com/PatrickTaylorIsMyHero, I usually get answer pretty quick through it too
na, dont do facebook sorry, i will be online same sort of time tommorow if your around,

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
No problem bud. I'll help ya anyway I can.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks mate, we get this sorted next time i see ya i will buy you a beer lol i will also be a happy bunny, thanks so much mate, :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
right, started the quad today, fuel commander after a while seemed to work, the lights flashed right to left, i pressed the mode button and some of the lights stayed on(cant remmember which ones) so i pressed the minus and the light went down the scale and then went out???, turned the quad off, re started it and nothing, no lights at all as before??, so i borrowed a mates Trinity 4 which looks exactly the same, plug it in turned the ignition on and the lights flashed straight away, (couldnt start the quad as the tank was off), so my question now is, would the quad run right even though the DMC controler may not be working right??? i hope this make sence :eek:

·
Registered
165 Posts
When you start your quad it should cycle from left to right. That is an indicator that it has injector power. If you hit the button multiple times and no individual lights turn on, then you most likely have a faulty fuel controller. When the bike is idleing it should have a green light on at some position. Here is a link to basic tuning info.
http://teamalbaracing.com/Installation/EFI tuning.pdf

You can call me or pm me if you have further questions.

Nate

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
The DMC controller activates in the first 4 seconds of start up. You should see visible lights during this. Then runs its complete its cycle after 8 seconds and will stop. Make sure your connects are correct and tight. After that you'll get a small light show and when you rev it they will cycle faster. I'm not sure how the Trinity works as I don't have any prior experience with it. So if it does this first step its running correctly.

After this, while running, you can do your basic tuning. The Lights are broke down in 5 different modes, you only need to adjust the first 3. Unless you have it dyno tuned or some kind of other advanced tuning setup.

By pressing the mode button the first time you should see a green light. This is considered the "Pilot Circut" and adjusts your idle and cruise. The stock setting for this 3. But I like to run mine on the part that is 3 and 4 lit together.

Pressing the button a second time should bring up a yellow light. This is for your "Needle Circut" and adjusts fuel during acceleration. This is where you will notice the most "pull" from your bike during the gears. Stock setting for this is 5, but I run mine at 6. Any more and I've noticed it starts turning the plug and seems to waste more than it uses.

And the last mode you need to focus on is "Main Circut". You reach it by pressing the mode button three times and is represented by a red light. This is your fuel at full throttle. This one can be kind of hard to tune also, the stock setting is 4 on Raptors. I like to run it where its lighting up the 5 and 6 at the same time.

Also some things to keep in mind, If you don't press anything for a few seconds the lights will go out. But you'll notice if you press the MODE button again it will pick up where you left off, so you don't have to cycle all the modes again.

If that still don't work, I'll need a video or something to really diagnose your problem after that. Also, you can read the manual directly from DMC at this site here..

https://www.dmc-on-line.com/PDF/EFI-Raptor-Rhino-700.pdf

I hope this helps. Let me know if theres anything else I can do.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
thanks guys, when i first started the quad, the DMC controller didnt work(no lights on) so i went through the process of elimiation and it seem to be the when the earth to the battery was moved the controler would work,(lights ons ect) so i re-conected the earth, it did work, then nothing, re started the quad a few times and still nothing, the trinity one apart from differnt face plate looks exactly the same as the DMC, buttons, lights, rubber crommets, all the same. could they be made by the same company,just re-branded??? i have taken the tank off to get to the inject and it REALLY needs a clean, so i will do that tonight and see if she will start up,

just a real stupid question, if the DMC controller is faulty or turned off, should the quad run??, or would the rappy just go back to the manufactor settings

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Pretty sure DMC and Trinity are the same exact unit (Dobeck Gen 3)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
they look the same to a noob like me:D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts