Raptor Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
thanks guys, when i first started the quad, the DMC controller didnt work(no lights on) so i went through the process of elimiation and it seem to be the when the earth to the battery was moved the controler would work,(lights ons ect) so i re-conected the earth, it did work, then nothing, re started the quad a few times and still nothing, the trinity one apart from differnt face plate looks exactly the same as the DMC, buttons, lights, rubber crommets, all the same. could they be made by the same company,just re-branded??? i have taken the tank off to get to the inject and it REALLY needs a clean, so i will do that tonight and see if she will start up,

just a real stupid question, if the DMC controller is faulty or turned off, should the quad run??, or would the rappy just go back to the manufactor settings
Yes they both are made by Dobeck, but remember that internal mapping and features may be different. The modes are selectable and ranges are adjustable all by the original programmer. Our programmer looks just the same, but I can guarantee you that our mode definitions and ranges are different. If you disconnect the ground it should revert to factory mapping.

Nate

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Nate,

when you say disconect the ground, is that when running????(sorry but must things i understand, but not this), also if the original DMC controller was faulty would the quad still run, or would it just "bypass" the fuel controller?

cheers Neil

·
Registered
165 Posts
Neil, I have not seen many bad Dobeck boxes before, but usually they run like crap when they go bad. Popping and sputtering. If you disconnect the ground wire from the fuel controller while it is not running and then try and start the quad it should go back to the original mapping.

Nate

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hi Nate, i guess that you have read the post about the lights not working, the quad ran fine but i think that i have read that you can turn the controllers off? She seems down on speed as well?:confused:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
ok update, before doing anything i checked the colour of the plug and it was a tan colour, i have just changed over to the trinity controller and used the following settings, mode 1, 3 and 4. mode 2, 5. mode 3, 6. and from what i can tell she ran fine, only another top speed run at the weekend will tell i would guess,

at the moment my questions are, if shes not corectly set up, how quick will the colour of the plug change, or is there anything else to look out for?? and would a dyno help?

cheers guys

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
bump

·
Registered
165 Posts
ok update, before doing anything i checked the colour of the plug and it was a tan colour, i have just changed over to the trinity controller and used the following settings, mode 1, 3 and 4. mode 2, 5. mode 3, 6. and from what i can tell she ran fine, only another top speed run at the weekend will tell i would guess,

at the moment my questions are, if shes not corectly set up, how quick will the colour of the plug change, or is there anything else to look out for?? and would a dyno help?

cheers guys
Sorry,

I would definetely recommend putting it on a dyno. High compression 4 stroke plug coloration does not change that quickly and I could see you spending a lot of time to get unsure results. A dyno is the proper tuning tool to accurately adjust your air fuel ratio.

Nate

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
i have fitted the trinity fuel commander and took her out today, got her to 81mph,(it was a struggle) so a gain of 6-7mph on top end:D,but still not sure if the quads right???? so i would now assumn that the DMC controller wasnt working properly. So what would be the next step, buy the trinity from my mate, or just get a PC3 or PC5, i have a dynotech ignition on the way, used brought from on here, so would the PC3-5 be the way to go,

also apart from size, what are the differences between the two, i want something thats fairly simply to set up, i have a dyno about 3miles away if that makes a difference:confused:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
bump anyone:(

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
bump anyone out there:eek:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have Fuel controllers in stock with a good map if you would like. I would say that my mapping should be just about right , but it is always best to put it on a dyno to verify. And I forgot did you already do the 5th gear mod?

Nate

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hi Nate, thanks for the reply, yes i have done the blue wire mod, but have also brought a used dynotech ignition as well, this is my update/ previous post

i have fitted the trinity fuel commander and took her out today, got her to 81mph,(it was a struggle) so a gain of 6-7mph on top end,but still not sure if the quads right? so i would now assumn that the DMC controller wasnt working properly. So what would be the next step, buy the trinity from my mate, or just get a PC3 or PC5, i have a dynotech ignition on the way, used brought from on here, so would the PC3-5 be the way to go,

also apart from size, what are the differences between the two, i want something thats fairly simply to set up, i have a dyno about 3miles away if that makes a difference

thanks Nate

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would get your Raptor on the Dyno. An EGA will answer wether or not your problem is a/f related or not. You could puch buttons for hours and ride up and down the street for days and never know if your settings are correct. I would contact your local dyno shop and find out what system they are most familiar with and go with that seeing as how you dont want to pay someone to learn how to program your particular controller. In my opinion the Dobeck style boxes are by far the easist to tune but if they are a Power Commander only shop that may be a better choice.

nate

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
i had a conversation with them last week and i they are an authorized power commander dealer, as i have to buy a new Fuel Controller i was just looking at changing to a PC3 rather than a dobeck style F/C

what is your opinion and what do you stock, Nate

cheers Neil

·
Registered
165 Posts
I stock our own Fuel management sytem made by Dobeck. I also just finished testing the new MSD. Seeing as how your local tuner is authorized on Power Commander products I would recommend maybe using a PC3/5 to increase your chances of getting a proper tune in a timely matter. I do not stock Power Commander products.

Nate

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
ok update, i now have a used PC3 and a Dynatek FS ignition ready to go on the quad at the weekend and i am going to get her Dyno'ed in about 4 weeks(time permitting), so my question is, should i get a custom map for the ignition before i get her Dynoed, or should i wait to see what the outcome is,

i will be running DMCs, GYTR filter and intake, MO-FLOW lid, PC3 and FS Ignition

Is there anything else that i should do before getting it done????
as i just dont want to waste my money,:eek:

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Glad to see your getting it dyno'd, thats the best way to go, a map made just for YOUR bike. Idk know about the map i would think whatever map you have now they will tweak to run perfect, but i don't know if your being charged per run or what? Good luck

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
thanks for the reply, they have told me that it should take under the hour, so i will get charged for that hour and then every half hour after that:eek:

but its expensive:(

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
update, i have fitted the PC3 and the Dyna tek FS ignition and it now the stupid thing wont start,
there is fuel getting in and its sparking, and i think i have the ignition on the stock setting
??????????????

HELP PLEASE:eek:

21 - 39 of 39 Posts