Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering if there has been any true dyno test of these two systems, ie 1 bike, same mods both pipes dynoed at the same time?
Or is someone planning to do it? If not i might get it done so we can know once and for all all the ins and outs.

I read the other dyno thread but it seemed like it was done on multiple bikes?? Maybe i read it wrong though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i read that threadbut it seems like alot of confusion is going on. Hopefully the LAST dyno when it comes will be a true comparison (same bike on both)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,446 Posts
I think Cycle Tech is doing a good thing posting that info up for everyone, even if he did get a bit mixed up at first. Of course it wouldn’t hurt to have another builder/vendor test both and post the results. I am personally grateful for any sponsor that goes the extra mile to contribute to the knowledge here on raptorforum.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just want to make sure a true comparison is done. Kens reputation is good enough for me if it is a true comparison. I have access to a brand new 700 and would be willing to have it dynoed with the LTE, DMC and an HMF just for good measure, along with the PC and the dobeck. I am very interested to find out how much more HP you can eek out if the 700 using the PC over the dobeck. I dont doubt its more, but is it enough to justify the extra cost? These are questions that might make me want to do a full on comparison, if one hasnt been done yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,446 Posts
Sounds like very useful information for me. I have not seen a good comparison of those combinations on the same bike yet. The PCII VS the Dobeck would be something a lot of Dobeck owners would love to know.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
IMHO, your not going to see much difference between the Doebeck and the PCIII on the Dyno with bolt on bikes or mildly modded . You might see a shorter time from the time you hit the throttle until it hits the rev limiter on a 4th gear roll on and you will see a slightly better A/F curve through out the entire curve on a PCIII equipped bike if a knowledgeable Dyno operator/tuner takes the time to dial each controller in. The seat of the pants difference in ridability between the 2 is noticeable as in the PCIII equipped bike has a smoother feeling power delivery and is overall more snappy feeling.
Now for example on a highly modded engine, like my 780 the PCIII is hands down the winner as the Doebeck style controller just doesn't have enough adjustment to fuel a highly modded set up. Again this is just in my opinion, but I'm fairly certain you'll find the same results if you can get someone who is proficient at tuning with both controllers to do a test.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
pile0g00 said:
I think Cycle Tech is doing a good thing posting that info up for everyone, even if he did get a bit mixed up at first. Of course it wouldn’t hurt to have another builder/vendor test both and post the results. I am personally grateful for any sponsor that goes the extra mile to contribute to the knowledge here on raptorforum.com

I agree 100% :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
We have now run the dmc's on both a basic 3 bike as well as one of our stock bore builds. The dif in the graphs between the dmc equiped bike and lte equiped bikes was VERY simliar in both the stock bore build and the basic 3 bike. Of the LARGE amount of basic 3 bikes we have dyno'd there is generally less than .3 or .4hp between all of them normally accountable to weather so we feel very comfortable making a general comment the lte is the better performing system(although not by much). On a side note to that the dmc systems fit and finish is FAR better than the lte.

As for the dif controllers randy's answer is spot on to what we have seen on the dyno. We had run the same bike with Trinity, Dobeck and PC3, there was little if any dif.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So if i understand your conclusion correctly there is less than 1/2 of 1HP difference between the LTE and the DMC? Is that correct?

Edit:

Ok having read your post a few more times i think you are saying that all of the other dynos you have done are pretty close to always getting the same numbers, not what i had first thought that the .3- .4 was the difference between the two systems.

So can you give a guess in HP what the difference is between the two systems?

Or if neither one of these were correct can you shed some light on it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
CycleTech said:
We have now run the dmc's on both a basic 3 bike as well as one of our stock bore builds. The dif in the graphs between the dmc equiped bike and lte equiped bikes was VERY simliar in both the stock bore build and the basic 3 bike. Of the LARGE amount of basic 3 bikes we have dyno'd there is generally less than .3 or .4hp between all of them normally accountable to weather so we feel very comfortable making a general comment the lte is the better performing system(although not by much). On a side note to that the dmc systems fit and finish is FAR better than the lte.

As for the dif controllers randy's answer is spot on to what we have seen on the dyno. We had run the same bike with Trinity, Dobeck and PC3, there was little if any dif.


Mark, whats the HP and TQ curve of the DMC compared to the LTE's ? The DMC graphs I have seen make the DMC's look like they have a much narrower curve than the LTE's as well as fall of at a lower RPM even if there close in peak HP. Is this what you have seen?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
CycleTech said:
We have now run the dmc's on both a basic 3 bike as well as one of our stock bore builds. The dif in the graphs between the dmc equiped bike and lte equiped bikes was VERY simliar in both the stock bore build and the basic 3 bike. Of the LARGE amount of basic 3 bikes we have dyno'd there is generally less than .3 or .4hp between all of them normally accountable to weather so we feel very comfortable making a general comment the lte is the better performing system(although not by much). On a side note to that the dmc systems fit and finish is FAR better than the lte.

As for the dif controllers randy's answer is spot on to what we have seen on the dyno. We had run the same bike with Trinity, Dobeck and PC3, there was little if any dif.


Mark, whats the HP and TQ curve of the DMC compared to the LTE's ? The DMC graphs I have seen make the DMC's look like they have a much narrower curve than the LTE's as well as fall of at a lower RPM even if there close in peak HP. Is this what you have seen?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well we did not have time before the customer came to pick up the bike to switch the exhuasts, however.... We have dynos now of two identical builds minus the exhaust. Porting, cam, stock bore hc piston and pipes.

The results were as follows:

Again these are two seperate bikes!

Peak hp dif .2 going to lte

Peak tq dif .6 going to lte

rpm at which hp begins to fall: 7050 dmc / 7900 lte

rpm at which tq begins to fall below the other system: 7200 / lte makes about 6 ft lbs more than dmc from around 7300-8500.

Both graphs are very similar until about 7200 at that point the lte is the better system.
"


....I may be wrong, but I thought this was still good info and NOT obsolete. Got kind a confusing there for awhile with the mix up with the DMC and LTE test....but I think this info was still good. Its what was originally posted. I thought just the second part was mis-info.
IF this is the case, the LTE's still hold the power out longer, and look more appealing to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
I thought THIS was the screw up .......................

"Important update! (in my opinion anyway...)

We just installed the basic 3: pc3,pro-flow and dual dmc.

This bike made 1.5hp more and 1.8ft lbs more than ANY we have done with the lte's and the graph looked identical. Since these are all bolt on mods I have no problem scanning that dyno and posting it.
"

It later was corrected....here the thread........incase I am wrong..haha

http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=8807.0

whatever happened to that dyno graph...did it get posted elsewhere?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
All the additional hp and tq that I referred to the dmc getting over the lte was in reality an lte bike with my new map.

The dmc bike did not in anyway shape or form out perform the lte bike. As soon as the tech gets the dyno sheet for me I will email it to randy so he can post it.

Boom, I'm still waiting for Mark to email it to me so I can post it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
All the additional hp and tq that I referred to the dmc getting over the lte was in reality an lte bike with my new map.

The dmc bike did not in anyway shape or form out perform the lte bike. As soon as the tech gets the dyno sheet for me I will email it to randy so he can post it.

Boom, I'm still waiting for Mark to email it to me so I can post it
Oh, my bad....I thought he had already emailed it to you or something :thumbsup:

.....Didnt you think that info was still correct that I reposted? I thought it was....but maybe not. Guess only Cycletech will know..haha
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
.....Didnt you think that info was still correct that I reposted? I thought it was....but maybe not. Guess only Cycletech will know..haha


Yes and no :lol: It was correct in Marks mind with the info he had at the time he posted it but then when he spoted the mix up he posted what I quoted in my post so I just wanted to put things in the proper context, no worries bro :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Trinity vs LTE vs Spark vs Rocket Factory Drag exhaust

Did a dyno on different four exhausts same modes. I have a Crower cam shaft, out of the box filter, big bore 734 trinity, power commander and a ported cylinder head. Trinity exhaust was the worst performer came at 52 BHP, Spark Big Core and LTE Duals were close at 54 BHP, Rocket factory drag Exhaust pulled 56.5 BHP.( All on same modes and by the way stock compression 9.2)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
Re: Trinity vs LTE vs Spark vs Rocket Factory Drag exhaust

strokeraptor said:
Did a dyno on different four exhausts same modes. I have a Crower cam shaft, out of the box filter, big bore 734 trinity, power commander and a ported cylinder head. Trinity exhaust was the worst performer came at 52 BHP, Spark Big Core and LTE Duals were close at 54 BHP, Rocket factory drag Exhaust pulled 56.5 BHP.( All on same modes and by the way stock compression 9.2)

If your strictly into dragging then the Barker out of frame draggers like RF uses are the way to go for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
WOW! The sparks big core and LTE duals made equal power. I'm gald I decided to go sparks instead of LTE. I was under the impression that the duals would perform better than any single on a built motor.Strokeraptor, did you get those numbers using stock nobbies or dyno tires? I love my sparks big core. :eek: :lol: :grin_nod: 8)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
CAROLINA_700R said:
WOW! The sparks big core and LTE duals made equal power. I'm gald I decided to go sparks instead of LTE. I was under the impression that the duals would perform better than any single on a built motor.Strokeraptor, did you get those numbers using stock nobbies or dyno tires? I love my sparks big core. :eek: :lol: :grin_nod: 8)


I would have to see the curve before I made that assumption. Even though the peak HP is the same the overall curve is what's going to determine which has the best real world performance. The Ron Woods pipe makes more peak than both the sparks and the LTE's but the LTE's have a better curve than the Woods pipe. Not dissin any pipes here just pointing out that peak HP is only part of the equation.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top