Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DMC offers a one year warranty on all their exhaust systems, but any fuel injected quad (Raptor 700) not using the DMC fuel controller will void the warranty. I don't think this has been discussed anywhere on the net. If this issue has already been discussed sorry for the double post.

www.kbmatv.com

·
Registered
191 Posts
Aint that a bitch! All about dem dollaz!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I had a set for about 4 years and bout to buy a set with black cans no problem at all so I wouldn't worry bout it a bit.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spider-Lōc;1045313 said:
I had a set for about 4 years and bout to buy a set with black cans no problem at all so I wouldn't worry bout it a bit.

The Force 4 is a well built exhaust and the 1 yr warranty isn't necessary. I'm just informing riders before they buy the exhaust what to expect if a different fuel controller is used.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't mean to come off like a chump, but weather or not you have a DMC fuel controller, it isn't part of the exhaust, it's a joke that it would void the warranty by not using DMC's fuel controller. The exhaust should be under warranty as long as you bought it from a certified dealer.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
DMC does not really care about it. 99% of our customers run power commanders. If you buy from a top notch dealer of theirs they wont even ask what efi controller you were running. I have had less issues with DMC pipes then I have any other company currently making duals for the raptor 700 and in those very few issues DMC took care of my customer immediately. They even threw in a free T shirt and Hat for the guy and his troubles.

From what I can remember it was only 1 guy actually and they were a set of black canisters that didnt match up.

Bottom line is almost all ATV Exhaust companies have policies that are similar to this. If you buy your exhaust from a top notch dealer then these issues are never issues because the dealer handles it all for you. Atleast thats how we work.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The exhausts do look like they are pretty high in quality so they don't look like they would have any issues, haha but you never know. That is awesome of them to take care of there customers that don't have the DMC controller and through in free stuff on top of that.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
DMC is awesome! When their pipes show up by the pallet full by freight truck like they do to us they tend to take really good care of those dealers and our customers. How many exhaust companies even send the necessary tools to install the pipes have you heard of? Its the most complete dual out there for the 700.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
DMC does not really care about it. 99% of our customers run power commanders. If you buy from a top notch dealer of theirs they wont even ask what efi controller you were running. I have had less issues with DMC pipes then I have any other company currently making duals for the raptor 700 and in those very few issues DMC took care of my customer immediately. They even threw in a free T shirt and Hat for the guy and his troubles.

From what I can remember it was only 1 guy actually and they were a set of black canisters that didnt match up.

Bottom line is almost all ATV Exhaust companies have policies that are similar to this. If you buy your exhaust from a top notch dealer then these issues are never issues because the dealer handles it all for you. Atleast thats how we work.
This is why I buy TQS man and I'll be getting another set while his sale is going this month. I find it strange this happened to pop up during the promo deal. Just coincidence I guess. Sorry I shouldn't ever came to this thread. I just call it how I see it.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Kens a good guy. Maybe it was just a slow day at KBM and he needed something to discuss? I really doubt he would put it up just because we are having a sale on DMC pipes this month and there is a lot of people interested and currently purchasing through our sale.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I know I love my DMC that's why I'm getting the blacks seen the sale couldn't pass it up sold another member here my old ones at a killer deal to get the black can ones.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Its funny we had DMC custom do a set of blacks for us a long time ago as a limited edition only deal. It was such a big seller they started selling them to all their dealers and now we sell about 3:1 ratio of black to silver. Not so limited edition any longer but they look great.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Its funny we had DMC custom do a set of blacks for us a long time ago as a limited edition only deal. It was such a big seller they started selling them to all their dealers and now we sell about 3:1 ratio of black to silver. Not so limited edition any longer but they look great.
Wow I never knew that's how the black cans came about. Thanks they look great I'm glad they ain't a limited edition anymore.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well, they say once ya go black ya never go back, lol! The black cans aren't quite as sexy as Stacey Dash but they're hot enough to get my vote! I'll be buying the Black DMC'S!

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Thanks KB, I was not aware of this and I don't think I've seen it discussed here very much if at all.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Spider-Lōc;1045359 said:
Sorry I shouldn't ever came to this thread.
Please call DMC and request for Chris Robinson to get the latest facts on DMC warranty information. ;)
1-800-262-1325

Thanks KB, I was not aware of this and I don't think I've seen it discussed here very much if at all.
A informed consumer is a satisfied customer... :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts