Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the third time i brought out my raptor with razr's out in snow, and i had a horrible time.. the would just dig into the snow and get stuck.. my friend's honda 300ex with stock tires had no problem getting through the foot or so of snow.. but i had no chance.. just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, or am i doing something wrong??

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Well the 300ex comes with big balloon tires that tend to ride on top of the snow rather than dig into it. The original Holeshot/razr type tires (different but similar in design) don't tend to do all that well in the loose/sloppy stuff like snow, sand and mud at least from what I've seen around here.

Make sure you've dropped your air pressure down to around 3lbs or so for the best traction.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Razrs suck in the snow too!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
i think its because the knobbies aren't spread apart enough.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The best tires that i tried and that i still run in the snow up here (Canada) are the Black Water. Bit expensive but great tires.
And the treads are big enough to put some studs for ice.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
doord521 said:
My Razrs suck in the snow too!!!
are they any good in mud, dirt, or anything else?? i just got them so havnt had a chance to try them in anything but snow..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes they are very good tires. These tires ( razr's) are made to grip, kind of H knob profile with sharp edges.They are not made to dig in mud or snow because the knobs are close to each others. That is why these tires RAZR'S and look like are used for racing. I used to have the same problem.I was stuck in snow all the time But since i used Black Water in the winter season, no more problems. Its day and night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts