Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced a 40 tooth sproket with a 42. I can get the stock chain back on new sprocket, but can't adjust is to have the right amount of play. What size is my stock chain, and what do I need to go to?? I want to put a pipe on,but do not know what jet size to replace stock. I will be riding at sea level (Oregon Coast). Any help is appreciated.
03/660
Tusk Nerf
new sprocket so far!

03/z400
HMF
Nerfs
Graphics/seat kit
xenon lights

06 Raptor 700r
HMF
Dobeck TFI
K&N filter

06/Z250
Nerfs
HOW Boring!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I know it's too late now, but dropping one tooth on the front sprocket would have given you the same type of change (a little more actually) and wouldn't have caused any chain issues. And it's much cheaper. If you are adjusted all the way forward on the chain tensioner bolts, then you're boned. Since a chain isd way more expensive than a new sprocket, I'd put the 40 back on the rear, get a 12 for the front, and just keep the 42 for later when you need to replace the chain. Or you could do the 12 front and keep the 42 rear if you run big paddles up there in Oregon.

What pipe are you looking at? That will influence your jetting to some degree. No matter what pipe it is, you should consider getting a good quality jet kit. Not that crappy one on ebay for $30 that only has main jets in it. Either a GYT-R or Dynojet kit is the way to go. And a Pro Design air filter kit to go with it.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Depending on what pipe it is, you could get away with a/f screws, thats what I did and it works

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.