Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2007 Raptor 700. Had it imported to Germany (military man), and spent a butt-load on gear, bolt ons ie... Nerf bars, new heel guards, gytr bumper, pro armour rear grab bar, gncc tires and black oem wheels. I wanted to spruce it up a bit so I can get a good return when I sell it. The market in Germany is hot for these things. Anyways, my question is, now I am looking at getting some better shocks. My quad is at the port getting delivered to me next week, but the wifey is fuming over the expenditure. So far I spent: $4200 for 2007 Rappy + $200 for my buddy to pick it up for me and drive it to the port + $565 on black OEM rims/gncc tires shipping included(wanted to upgrade the 2007 look to the 2008 > newer Rappy looks) + $225 shipping included DG Alloy black nerf bars + $90 Pro design Flow Air filter + $55 stock heel guards with mounting hardware +$210 on goggles, gloves, helmet, suit, boots. spent $1580 to have it shipped to Germany to my house and $350 for Euro custom fees. So as you see a butt-load of money. The resale of these in Germany are unreal. So I figured that I should be able to unload this thing for a decent price and get some of my money back when I want to sale it. I currently have the pogo shocks and I want to upgrade to resi or piggyback style shocks. Will purchasing these dramatically add value to my quad price? Will the pogo shocks work for just strictly trail riding and no jumps or track riding?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Depends on which shocks you gowith but yeah they will add value. Also get some duals and a steering stabilizer etc. etc. The list goes on and on. All depends on how much you want to spend really. Check out tqsatv.com for some of the best stuff!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was just looking for a small upgrade like the piggy back or resi shocks from a newer model raptor, but used. Since I will be selling it when I get ready to leave germany. I didn't want to add any other mods like the big three, etc... Mostly bolt on's.. Wifey is getting fed up with my spending. So I wanted the shocks to be my last cosmetic upgrade. Figured that the shocks will bring my 07 Rappy into the newer mode with the newer rims, etc..

·
Registered
191 Posts
worst case, just save your pogos and sell your resi's or other upgraded shocks on the forums...guaranteed someone will pick 'em up from you, or swap the pogos and sell them with the quad as bonus to help you the money you want...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the issue, i do not have the resi yet. i was looking at picking up a pair used. I thought that maybe a potential buyer would prefer to have these shocks over my now stock pogos. Also if you just strictly trail ride, or the pogos that bad? Or switching those out really makes a difference in long riding or trail riding only?

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
This is your conscious talking: Dont do it wife is watching! LOL

This is my conscious talking: take your meds dumbass! LMAO

They will add but will you get all you put in it price wise? Debatable.

Now a message from my turd personnality: Miaow, Miaow, Miaow, Miaow, Miaow, Miaow Mix cats ask for it by name ROFL...dont ask LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts