Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in our ever ending quest to find the right combo for our single cylinder bikes. We have now finally got the combo ware I am happy. We knew this combo was going to be awesome when it was doing 115whp 10-12psi but did not want to crank it before the rally in fear it might break the motor, and with only a 6in arm there was no way TJ could use the hp in 3rd anyway with out the front end poping up. Now back we cranked it to just 15-16psi and its 128-125whp which is amazing. This is also our fastest spooling combo. TJ was not running the tach pick up so I dont have TQ ## yet but I am sure its close to 100ft lbs

Not sure how much is left in to but we are a bit scared for the stock rod.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
OMFG That is insane! I have got to get one of those lol Was that the powdercoaters bike? the white and tan or gold one? I saw that thing drag down at winchester at the rally and man it was a site to behold. The guy ridin it had his hands full in a full wheel stand at like 60mph. I woulda shit myself lol

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I heard he was right around 125hp. Man that was a sweet ride. He was still havin a hard time against some of those drag banshees though. Those banshees are hard to beat they must have had close to the same hp as pauls bike.
Never the less you guys are doing a great job up there! keep up the great work.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
No this was an all black bike. TJ is alot better rider than I am and makes it look easy.
Ahhh the infamous powdercoater lol! Me and my buddies were droolin on your ride down there. I gotta hand it to ya man that was the best looking rappy i've ever seen. We saw you draggin that banshee down there when you got a lil tippy at like 60 lol:eek:. I actually got it on my helmet cam but im still sorting through about 60hrs. of 1080p video to find it. Good show man:thumbsup:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This turbo comes in faster then Pauls 734. Paul and I have been dreaming of what it would do on his bike. Just flip over :)

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
This turbo comes in faster then Pauls 734. Paul and I have been dreaming of what it would do on his bike. Just flip over :)
Yeah lol no kiddin! I think he would need a longer swinger! like a 4 footer! Maybe next yr. i'll poke my head outa the wood pile and meet u guys! You all seem like a great crew! But my wife wouldnt really let me socialize this yr. She is very insecure and would rather we were alone:( Not sure why either she's 120lbs and smokin hot:D Atleast i dont have to worry about her though!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Funny. Reason I ask is I'm thinking of giving you my pump gas 780 this winter. Really would like to run around 10psi though. Making 80 now and thought maybe make around 110-120 with a moderate boost. IDK for sure yet and winter is still 5 months off.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would be more then happy to turbo your bike.

We would probably not use the new turbo since the hp would be to much but the Turbo that is on mine and Pauls would let us run around 10-12psi which would be in the 110hp range on your bike.

·
Registered
592 Posts
that all black one was one of the first bikes i raced and he had me handled pretty easily, looks pretty sweet too.

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
Thanks for the props. This bike was a long ti
e in the making. Charlie I think your on the right track . With Lukes new turbo combo at full boot it will be unridable in anything but a grant type of set up. Choose bow much power you want an build the kit around it. My guess is Lucas will have a drag only set up at 150 hp next years rally. We will see.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
OK Lucas just go ahead and get a set of those new billet cases and a falicon crank and rod setup and let's see how far it can go!:grin_nod: Keep up the great work :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
can you post some pic's of one of the never turbo bikes from different angles to see what they look like, or post a link were i can check them out

the all black one from the rally and the white & gold

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is the only pic I have of TJ bike right now.

Here are some pics of Tonys bike which is the exact same kit with a just a little different turbo.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts