Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering how many of you guys have run both the dobeck box and the pcIII.

obviously most of you run the pcIII for a reason over the dobeck. how much of a difference does it make in hp numbers?

im considering selling my dobeck and goin to the pc. not really all that pleased with my current setup.

suggestions? thanks!

·
GO BIG OR GO HOME
2,254 Posts
If I were you I would sell the dobeck. I bought one at first with my current setup and it never ran right even with other peoples configurations. My buddy has a 05 raptor with cam, exhaust and intake and we would drag race and he would pull on me in 4th and 5th gear. now after I installed the pcIII with a Raptorrandys map I pull on him hard in all 5 gears, he couldnt believe the differance what that made. So thats that. Goodluck :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Your not going to see much in the way of a HP difference between the dobeck and the PCIII on a basic 3 mod machine, what you will see if you have a dyno tuned map that fit your mods is a way smoother running bike that accelerates faster. Even when compared to a Dobeck equiped bike that's been optimized on the dyno, a dyno optimized PCIII bike will be smoother with more linear power delivery and a bit better acceleration from what I have seen. When you get into a build that makes some good horspower, that is when you will see a big difference between the Dobeck style controller and the PCIII, due to it's mapping capabilities.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool thats what i was wondering. also...any of you builders know what kind of hp numbers one could expect with say a stage 3 web cam,dr.d slip on, no airbox (just a big ass filter and prefilter cover) 11:1 piston and the pcIII?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts