Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so the Dobeck EFI comes pre programmed am i right? can the dobeck EFI make the bike leaner than it was while the OEM EFI was there? because how could you turn the bike on if the EFI is not pre programmed cause with the PC you upload a map and then you install the PC...
im confused:S

·
Registered
114 Posts
I installed my DMC controller today bro (which is basically a dobeck controller).

Bike runs like a champ in every gear and idles great.

Needs maybe some fine tuning here and there but overall very satisfied.

And now it's very nose happy in every gear :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweeeeet! do you like it? have you felt huge power?! so now you just need a dyno tune...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I don't remember what my dobeck was set at when I got it but basically, I put mine on a pretty much stock bike and the bike started fine with the default settings. It sure wasn't optimized for the mods I had, but it wasn't far enough to cause it to not start.

This unit cannot remove gas, it can only add gas. Setting all pots to the lowest position is essentially equivalent to removing the unit because it will not alter the curve.

It doesn't technically add or remove power, it just augments the gas input to match your mods. It is thus totally useless on a stock bike, you need to supplement it with mods (at the very least remove the spark arrestor and open the lid up, but even the first notch is a bit too much for just that). A friend of mine had his spark and lid off and took his dobeck to a dyno and the guy cancelled the controller, even at the lowest settings it was providing too much gas.

BTW, I have some significant mods and I'm running it at a pretty conservative setting (1, 2.5, 3.5). Weirdly, the documentation says I should be using more aggressive settings with my setup but when I did, it ran like crap and fouled plugs big time.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't remember what my dobeck was set at when I got it but basically, I put mine on a pretty much stock bike and the bike started fine with the default settings. It sure wasn't optimized for the mods I had, but it wasn't far enough to cause it to not start.

This unit cannot remove gas, it can only add gas. Setting all pots to the lowest position is essentially equivalent to removing the unit because it will not alter the curve.

It doesn't technically add or remove power, it just augments the gas input to match your mods. It is thus totally useless on a stock bike, you need to supplement it with mods (at the very least remove the spark arrestor and open the lid up, but even the first notch is a bit too much for just that). A friend of mine had his spark and lid off and took his dobeck to a dyno and the guy cancelled the controller, even at the lowest settings it was providing too much gas.

BTW, I have some significant mods and I'm running it at a pretty conservative setting (1, 2.5, 3.5). Weirdly, the documentation says I should be using more aggressive settings with my setup but when I did, it ran like crap and fouled plugs big time.
thanks! very helpful :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yup, i'm loving it.. The Big 3 is the thing to buy for a 700. Top end acceleration is crazy.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get the PC3/5 in the begining...don't waste your money on the doebeck, if you mod much past the big 3 in the future, you will only end up replacing it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts