Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd try to clear this up. If your controller is part# fi-6050( 4 adjustable pots) its a GENII. I've seen alot of talk about people having the GENIII, when in fact they probably have the GENII. After talking with the Dobeck tech today, you can't even buy a GENIII from them, nor is it on their website. They only make the GENIII for acouple of companies(Trinity is one, and i forget who else the tech said).

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
LTE uses the Gen lll, it has 3 buttons - mode +, not dials, only difference I can tell. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
LTE, Alba, Trinity and DMC for sure use gen III. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
HMF too. I think.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
SandDragon said:
HMF too. I think.
I believe they use the gen II, unless they have changed which is definatly possible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
They sent this to me this week, but does not appear to be the right one. Has anyone seen this one before?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
YUP, that is right. It is the Gen lll. It has 5 modes.... if you have any q's call HMF and they should tell you how to set it. Make sure you ask what they had when they set it.... i.e. Prow flow intake, air box lid on/off, ect. If they can't help I 'll try to.... as much as I can. Keep in mind that when I got mine from LTE it was pre-set for the pipes. Doebeck has contracts with the diff. pipe manufactures... you can not buy the Gen lll from Dobeck. Mine says LTE, and yours says HMF, however, I assure you they are both Dobeck Gen ll techlusion fuel injection control modules. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
There are 2 other threads going about this exact controller. No one can figure out why there are 2 sets of connections. Everyone that has posted about the install just talks about using one set of connections on the EFI module. So any clue on this? Another person on that other thread tried it and no result on it starting the raptor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
lovinmyraptor700 said:
yup we all have the same problem, im calling dobeck performance monday at 8 am when they open! i will tell them there are otheres and get contact info for you guys and post it asap

from the other thread i mentioned.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
When I hooked mine up I tried the wrong plug first.... It was on the passenger side of the engine, and very similar to the fuel injector plug. Maybe you have to hook into this plug also. I would assume it would be to the ECU, I'm talking straight out of my ass and have nothing to support this theory but why not throw it out there. :grin_nod: I have not ever seen the double harness set up but like I said there IS another plug on the Raptor that is VERY simmilar to the injector plug, the plug has or doesn't have a little tab on the bottom that makes it so it don't fit right, I was actually able to force the plug into this one... I ain't real smart and I hate instructions... oh wait mine didn't come with any. :confused: You are probally dumber having read this, so good luck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
207 Posts
just got off the phone at HMF, dobeck packaged several outlander 800 optimizers in raptor badges. i called and in about 2 minutes the order was in to be delivered by wednesday. GREAT customer sevice!!! heres the number- 216-631-6980

·
Registered
17 Posts
Found same result by calling HMF. My opinion is a bit different, Both HMF and worldwideperformance (would i paid for it) are willing to fix the problem, but neither will pay for the unit to get back to them. Which i know is not much money, but a company sends you the wrong product, blames the maker of it, than expects you to pay a bit more is not ideal customer service. I also emailed Dobeck just to let them know about the mis-packaging and the reply was "okay thanks". I just hope I get the correct one this time and it performs well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts