Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey this prolly has been asked b4 and if so please tell me where to find it. i have a lte exhaust with a dobeck controller gtyr filter and prefilter and protec lid. i was wondering if neone has a similar set up and what settings u were running. im new at this and dont want to mess with my controller and break sumthing. thanks

·
2 Time (09,10) RF Fantasy FootBall Champ
655 Posts
I went with Dobeck's settings for Full exhaust, Intake, and no-lid to start with. (4-8-4-9)

Randy at LTE also stated that I should start with Dobeck's recommendations. I haven't had much ride time yet, but this setting seems like a good starting point. I plan to dyno-tune mine in the next month or so to fine tune it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
this is what IM running and I beat everyone I race 95% of the time.

LTE Duels with JET-HOT Coating
k&n filter and intake
15t front sprocket
no lid on----diconnected air hose( look under your airbox a black hose)
dobeck set at 3--2.5--9--10
I also have a rear elka shock and Elka told me I would help keep the back wheels grounded at all times racing.Runs AWSOME...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
WOW, your first 2 settings look a little lean for you mods, and you rpm pot is way to high for were the raptor makes its power

·
Registered
126 Posts
sikraptor700 said:
WOW, your first 2 settings look a little lean for you mods, and you rpm pot is way to high for were the raptor makes its power
trust me it runs PERFECT!!!!.
I talked with dobeck and his numbers where almost the same.

email below:
-------------------------------------------------

Hi Robert,
This is what LTE recommended G3:00 Y8:00 R9:00 RPM9:00.

We do have a Gen 3 technology at the manufacture's level, like HMF, Trinity Racing, DMC, but nothing for the Raptor under the Dobeck Performance label in Gen 3.

Thanks
Matt Soxton

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now im a lil confused. first off King, you gave 2 different number combos that were quite different and sum1 else has another one. The first numbers u gave were 3, 2.5, 9, 10 and the second set were 3, 8, 8 , 9. They are very similar but what about the second number? I dont understand these controllers that well and i dont want to accidentally cause it to run tooo lean or sumthing and do sum type of damage. Do u think u could run ur confirmed numbers by me again? And do u know if u tune it wrong if u can hurt the engine at all? also do u guys know nething about the numbers that u get in the LTE intructions? thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
126 Posts
jurassicman said:
now im a lil confused. first off King, you gave 2 different number combos that were quite different and sum1 else has another one. The first numbers u gave were 3, 2.5, 9, 10 and the second set were 3, 8, 8 , 9. They are very similar but what about the second number? I dont understand these controllers that well and i dont want to accidentally cause it to run tooo lean or sumthing and do sum type of damage. Do u think u could run ur confirmed numbers by me again? And do u know if u tune it wrong if u can hurt the engine at all? also do u guys know nething about the numbers that u get in the LTE intructions? thanks for the help guys.
the first set is what Im using...it runs Perfect!!!!!
the second set is what dobeck emailed me....I listed the numbers as a suggestion for what they gave me from dobeck.
Im only telling you what works for me(first set) and what dobeck suggested(second set)

·
GO BIG OR GO HOME
2,254 Posts
So why do you disconnect the air hose from the box? what purpose is that for. what do you do with the hose once disconnected?

·
655 Posts
I have spoken with Dobeck about my settings today, which is very similar to your setup jurassicman. The guy said that they had worked with LTE specifically when setting it up. He suggested starting at 3,8,9,9 for my setup. Also mentioned that I may try adjusting the RPM setting between 7 and 9. Mentioned that by doing that, that I would be kicking in the main jet earlier. He said when it is set at 9, it rarely kicks in the main jet. (red light)
He said that the first settings were established with LTE in '05 when the 700R '06 models first came out, and that in the later models Yamaha made a change to the ECU, which might make it necessary to bump the RPM pot down some.

·
655 Posts
King's settings are not too far off of Dobecks Recommendations. Same settings basically, except the yellow pot - which is for the accelerator pump. (Adds extra fuel when the throttle is punched)

·
Registered
200 Posts
lotuseater said:
lotuseater said:
King's settings are not too far off of Dobecks Recommendations. Same settings basically, except the yellow pot - which is for the accelerator pump. (Adds extra fuel when the throttle is punched)
. He said when it is set at 9, it rarely kicks in the main jet. (red light)
So.........if his second pod (yellow light) is set at 2 1/2 BUT the fourth pod is set at 10 (which even at 9 it supposenly rarely kicks in the 3rd pod) wouldn't King be running extremely lean on top end? I would call that far off.

·
655 Posts
MaxxRPM said:
So.........if his second pod (yellow light) is set at 2 1/2 BUT the fourth pod is set at 10 (which even at 9 it supposenly rarely kicks in the 3rd pod) wouldn't King be running extremely lean on top end? I would call that far off.
Probably true; kinda weird since he said it runs great. Sik's recommendation seems more along the lines of what I am thinking.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Guys....you asked what I was running I tell you guys and now you think its off......weird
Believe me I've been running these numbers for a long,,,,,long,,,,, long,,,,time.I got my bike as soon as they hit the floor in 2005.I bought the duels 2 months later.
Please don't ask me questions if you feel my answers are not what you want to hear.
I know what works for me,I know my bike is not lean nor is my bike rich.....Just pure power.....My bike....and I say it again MY bike is as tuned as it is going to get.Im happy,it runs great,I would'nt change a thing ..........if you don't want a suggestion from me please don't ask if you have a better answer you want to hear from somwhere else by all means find it from someone else ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
sikraptor700 said:
the air is coming out faster in duels than a single pipe mod.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sorry King, I don't think anyones trying to offend you Bro. If your bike runs good at those settings then thats cool. Those settings just "sound" odd to some of us but each bike seems a little different.
btw, is that your header glowing?........ :lol: Just messing man. Your bike looks sweet!......... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
MaxxRPM said:
Sorry King, I don't think anyones trying to offend you Bro. If your bike runs good at those settings then thats cool. Those settings just "sound" odd to some of us but each bike seems a little different.
btw, is that your header glowing?........ :lol: Just messing man. Your bike looks sweet!......... :thumbsup:
I know...I just hate when somone trys to twist up words or make you feel like your wrong.
Its all good thou.....

by the way I do think my heads are glowing??????? thats weird there glowing blue arnt most peoples glowing red? :lol:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I have nothing against you either, It was just strange to me to see those numbers, By the way your bike looks sweet :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey guys thanks for all the good information on the settings. King i must admit i was curious about ur numbers just because that second number seems awlfully low, but if u've been running it a while and havent had any problems im sure ur settings are legit. i've decided i'm just going to decide on the 14 tooth or 15 tooth and then try all the numbers and just decide on what i think works best with my raptor. i also have a few questions for everyone in this topic. Are you guys running 14 or 15 tooth sprockets? what octane you using?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts