Raptor Forum banner

DOBECK STYLE EFI CONTROLLER SETTINGS

103K views 122 replies 76 participants last post by  Th31nfamous 
#1 ·
I'm going to try this out and see how it works. I'd like to collect, all in one thread, a database of controller settings. Please submit your information as follows:

EFI Controller: (Dobeck, Trinity, etc)
Controller Settings/Map: (x-x-x-x, M416-000, M416-001, M416-002,... etc.)
Intake modifications: (type of filter, lid/no lid, prefilter lids, etc.)
Exhaust modifications: (what pipe are you running?)
Internal modifications: (11:1 stock bore piston, web cam, porting, etc)
Comments: (tips, tricks, things you think you should add)

If anyone has any other input into this thread (ie: suggestions on format and the like) please let me know.

Edit: thanks for the input Boom. If any of the PCIII guys have found any special situations where one map seems to work better than the designed one then I'd encourage them to share it.

I'll post this so it can be copied easily and filled in:

EFI Controller:
Controller settings/Map:
Intake modifications:
Exhaust modifications:
Internal modifications:
Comments:

See less See more
#59 ·
EFI Controller: Dobeck Gen 2 (4 POTS)
Controller settings/Map: 3.5 - 7.5 - 4.0 - 7.0
Intake modifications: Trinity Intake, K&N Filter, Trinity Outerwears, No Lid
Exhaust modifications: Stock, Spark Arrestor Removed
Internal modifications: None
Comments: Did some plug checks with these settings/mods, perfectly tan and really clean. I also verified these settings with Matt from Dobeck Performance. I will be using 3.5 - 7.5 - 6.0 - 7.0 when I install the Barkers Dual Exhaust. Good all-round base settings until one can make it to the Dyno.

#61 ·
Hello friends, I tell them I'm from Argentina ... I have a raptor 700 with GYTR exhaust, GYTR air filter and Efi Controller Trinity Stage IV. What I would like to know how to configure the controller for best performance ...

Of course I thank you and congratulate you on the forum!
Escuchar
Leer fonéticamente

#65 ·
My setup is similar to that, dual barkers, prodesign intake and lid off. I also have a 11:1 piston and HC2 cam but I don't think they would change much? I'll check my settings tonight and report back :)

I have the newer dobeck though, with 5 pots.

#70 ·
(07 Raptor 700) Would anyone know how installing a HC2 would effect the settings on my DMC EFI Controller. I have dual DMC afterburners and K&N Filter with an intake system and open lid. Would I need to richen it up or make it leaner??? Trying not to have to switch to a PC3 seeing as this is the only internal work I will be doing for a while.

Thanks!

#71 ·
Dobeck settings

I need the settings for a dobeck gen 3. DMC controller actually. I have dmc force 4 duals, Pro design intake with KnN, stock tb with a stage 1 port and polish on head, 11.1 piston with spark plug mod. Pm me with your settings...Thanks guys

#73 ·
i need one also for trinity controller gen3

mods:lid on,11:1 cp,stock exhaust s/a out,hc2

i just plugged it in and went so i dont know if its good or not. runs fine

#74 ·
The best recommendation I can give is to contact the company who's name is on your box. Every company that badges their own name on a Dobeck controller has a different map; unless they have the Dobeck factory installed example map. In order to know where to set your controller you need to know the range of fuel % increase and how large the operating window is. If they do not have enough % of fuel increase, or the load vs rpm graph was not set correctly you may need a new base map and that can be a pain the arse seeing as how all companies maps are propriatory and must be unlocked to remap. When purchasing a Dobeck style controller it is important to check with the company who mapped it to see if they have multiple maps for different setups...This thread should have sub sections for each individual company since that is the only way you can share settings safely.

Nate
Alba Racing

#75 ·
shoot its a lexx gen 3 so ill have to call them. how do i get it remapped? is it easier to get a pc3?

#76 ·
I usually contact the company and ask if they have alternate maps. If they dont, I ask them to give Dobeck permission to unlock the box for a 1hour window and I install my map. A tuning session on the dyno is the best answer, but a few rides and adjustments is usually all that is needed for basic setups. The PC vs Dobeck discussion can go on until we are all blue in our faces, regardless what you have already should be able to support any fueling demands you have. With a lid on I cant imagine you running lean. Are you getting any backfiring under decel?

Nate
Alba Racing

#77 ·
no not at all it runs great actually i havent checked the plug at all yet but other than that it runs good. idk if its at optimal performance but it probably could be. all the ones ive read noone really had the same as i did (11:1 piston,hc2) i think i stopped at page 7 and only seen one with the close to the same setup hc2 11:1 je, exhaust and intake i think.

it would be really nice to get it set up. can i get a map from them? i noticed that its not a usb plug in

i would like to run it without the lid but when i was on the trail they had a ton of rain and couldent

#78 ·
You can't remap it yourself. There is a docking station for gen3 units that plugs into the socket behind the rubber plug on the back. Newer gen3.5 units uses an infrared beam to reflash the module. You can buy a docking station, but would have to get the company to add you as a tuner to their account. Tons of my dealers have them, but I am rare in the community and encourage my dealers to learn them.

Nate

#79 ·
can u give me an estimate of what it costs to have it tuned?

#81 ·
do you think i should wait untill i get exhaust and an intake before i do? thinking of getting a +3 tb also later probably within the year or winter time

#84 ·
EFI Controller: trinity
Controller settings/Map:1, 2.5, 3.5, 5, 3
Intake modifications:K/N and no air box
Exhaust modifications:hmf sport full
Internal modifications:web 4 cam 11.4:1 JE piston extreme port head +1 valves
Comments: just got a 54mm tb and a 550cc injector going to buy a PC5 before i install tb and a set of duals when i get the money. the map on the trinity is perfect for my set up now but if i could got back i would not buy anything from trinity products are good but there is better stuff out there i started out with the a stage4 trinity kit but i have learned that there is better stuff out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.