Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i went to the dobeck website and i saw that they suggest a stock tuning setting for a completely stock raptor i mean green light at 3.00 yellow at 7.00 red at 3.00 and rpm at 7.00 but whitout any modification will it make a difference in horsepower ?? and will it be to rich for a stock bike or it is really to be better than the stock fuel injection curve ???

thanks !!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody ?????

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Hey Troy,

If I'm not mistaken, the dobeck TFI refers to the gen2 model. As far as I know, both the gen2 and gen3 can only ADD fuel and not remove any and on a stock bike you would see no gain. These units are piggy back units that increase fuel vs the stock curve and on a stock bike you won't want to add any, so it would have no effect on the stock curve. In fact, I'm pretty sure most of these units (as I told you before the gen3 has different inner-curves depending on the brand) add the gas in a pretty linear fashion... Albanate might chip in and give you more info on this (you can always PM him, he's AFAIK the most knowledgeable guy on dobeck's on the forum).

I know what you are trying to do (ie: modding without increasing sound to stay legal here in Quebec) and let me tell you that you'll be broke and sorry before it happens. Bottom line is you'll need a pipe and filter to go with the controller if you want any noticeable increase in performance.

Pretty much any other mod you will go will be dependent on that... You could put a FCI intake, HC piston, big cam, better ignition, etc. on your bike and keep the stock pipe but you'd barely see a difference over stock because it's still exhausting through a straw.

Let me tell you a secret though... People are very vocal about pipes and such on that other forum we are on, but in reality I don't know ANYONE who ever got a ticket for it and I have about a dozen of friends running piped bikes on marked trails all the time. Put a quietcore in it and be responsible about the noise when you are in populated areas, try and keep your speed at a reasonable level and you most likely won't ever have an issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks !!!! (merci!xsinx)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts