Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: i am ready to light this son of a b!tch on fire. i can't get this thing jetted right! i tried every main jet but nothing, please help me!!! :(

my mods:
K&N clamp filter
No lid
Bottom of airbox cut off
fmf powerbomb header
yoshi slip on exhaust

My enviroment:
Sea level
85*-95*

i tryed:
155/160
157.5/162.5
160/165
162.5/167.5
165/170
All with needle in third clip
All with fuel screws at 2/2.5 out

My problem:
i can't get to full throttle. it runs faster in 3/4 than at full. i get poping when decelerating. what am i missing? please help, i am desperate. :'(

·
Registered
11 Posts
it actually sounds like ur a lil lean on the top end....thats what happened to me when i was jetting my carb...then trinity gave me the wrong jets so now im rich (actually blown :'() i probably used a different type of jet, cuz im only at like 87 and 92.5 :confused: its prolly the dynojet jets that your using...i suggest maybe going richer...like i said my jetting is 87, 92.5 and the needle is at the 2nd, an the thing moves (when it was running)
if u live in the oc area, i'd suggest go to trinity and for 160 they'll dyno tune ur quad....it includes a carb rebuild and any jets they use :thumbsup: plus u can actually know what power ur quad puts out

·
Registered
657 Posts
You need to do everything. Pilots, mains and re-adjust your air screws. Get the GYTR kit from the dealer. Its like 60.00 here in PA. I was having the exact problems you are having now. That solved it. It took some tuning time but it worked out perfectly. The kit comes with needles, jets and pilot jets. Just leave your plastic off when you get it back together. You will be fooling with the clips a couple times to get it perfect. Trust me. Just replacing the stock jets with bigger stock type jets is wasting time and money. I learned that. Hell, I have a 180 and 185 here that Graydon sent with the pipe. Usless.

D

·
0 Posts
wickmaster is right, grab a gytr jetkit or dynojet and replace all while your in there cause pulling those carbs arent fun. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Samething with ct, there jet kit is junk! Their pipe works alot better with a dynojet jet kit.

D

·
0 Posts
the stuff that came with my LTE's were junk, had to start over and just went and got the GYTR kit, all better now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
So why did you post here?
:haha: I know I probably should post here either since this is an old post, but damn did I find this funny for some reason! After a year, the only comment is "this is an old post".....NO CRAP! :rofl: Holy shit I can't stop laughing about this!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts