Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody on the board offers a "carb service" ...as in, take my carbs off my bike, send them to whoever, and they come back cleaned, jetted and ready for fine adjustment with the air screws.

I'd pay someone to clean, clear-tube, and rejet my carbs, so i was just wondering.

-jerry

·
Registered
204 Posts
You could send them to pretty much any ATV shop, as they should be able to do this very easily. It is usually pretty uncommon as most people will do this themselves.

If it was me I would have them modified while you are sending them in. I'm not sure what your mods are, or if you plan on doing any in the future but the stock carbs are pretty restrictive. The stockers don't flow very well, and they also will not flow enough fuel after a certain point. Some guys don't like to spring for the FCR carbs, so I have modded the stock carbs to flow more so they could use them on their high hp engines. Since your sending your carbs off I would probably just get it all done at the same time......

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
i have stock carbs and a motor that needs to breath better. what kind of work can you do to stock carbs, hp increases, and prices do you offer?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
how much does this cost to "mod" the stock carbs? at what point are they the limiting factor in a build?
thnx
mike

·
Registered
441 Posts
jerry smith said:
I was wondering if anybody on the board offers a "carb service" ...as in, take my carbs off my bike, send them to whoever, and they come back cleaned, jetted and ready for fine adjustment with the air screws.

I'd pay someone to clean, clear-tube, and rejet my carbs, so i was just wondering.

-jerry
Jerry, you can do it yourself if you just follow the "sticky threads" on it. Its alot easier than you think. If you get lost along the way, just get on the forum and ask for help. If you are anywhere near central Pa I will give you a hand free of charge.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
man i appreciate the offer, but im stuck here in central kentucky. heh
Im gonna try it, i just hope i can get it all working again after i take it all apart

thanks a bunch,
jerry

·
Registered
204 Posts
John said:
i have stock carbs and a motor that needs to breath better. what kind of work can you do to stock carbs, hp increases, and prices do you offer?
You modify them so they flow more air. Plus once you get to about a 185-190 main jet, then the carbs fuel delivery is actually limiting the fuel and not the main jet. As far as hp increase it depends on the motor, and how much it is being restricted. The prices also depend on how much work you want me to put into them. There are a bunch of little mods you can do which add up to make them some what decent and flow more.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dont know where your located but I know some one who could do the carb work.He also can knife edge the butterflys for better flow through the carb.Hes in Salem Oregon and his name is Bill Tempelton. His number is 503-949-1740 he owns a fassssst 660 and knows alot about them.He also owns Tempelton motorsports.Good luck.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
John said:
how close can you get to the performance of 39mm FCRs?
They are a lot better, but I'm no miracle worker..... At a certain point larger carbs are the only option. The 39 fcr's are great carbs, and actually I have seen very impressive gains on all sorts of builds. Even on very mild built engine the 39's will out perform even the best setup stockers....

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Every single person I know who has paid to have the stock carbs modified, has eventually bought 39s. My personal feelings on modifing the stock carbs is that its a practice of throwing good money after bad. Meaning you will pay 2 or 300 bucks to have the stock carbs modified, then pay for 39s later anyway. I'd just buy a piggy bank and put that 2-300 in there, then add a little as you can until you have enough for 39s. You can find used 39s every now and then, price varies depending on the time of year. Geisick and I are both a couple hundred cheaper on the 39s than anyone else once you have enough money saved.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Can you PM me your prices on the FCR's. Also do you have to have a built engine for this mod or could it be a relatively stock machine? Mods are in my sig. Sorry for the thread hijack but I have been thinking about upgrading my carbs. :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts