1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Pretty sure it does because you when you assemble an engine you dont have to worry about getting the ignition in time. Other wise you would have to worry about getting the ignition timed right on the correct stroke.

Might wait for other to see what they say. This is just my observation.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I dont think it does, dont quote me.. When i set up my digital tach i set it up at 1 spark=1 rotation and the rpms are spot on....

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I dont think it does, dont quote me.. When i set up my digital tach i set it up at 1 spark=1 rotation and the rpms are spot on....
A raptor fires every revolution of the crank, I have never heard of the terminolgy of a wasted spark, but from my point of view, every second spark is wasted.............

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A raptor fires every revolution of the crank, I have never heard of the terminolgy of a wasted spark, but from my point of view, every second spark is wasted.............
So then a tach that operates off every spark will not work?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
So it does. It fires once on the compression stroke and once on the exhaust stroke. 1 spark per revolution. If it didnt then it would only fire 1 per 2 revolutions, only on the compression stroke.

It wastes a spark on the exhaust stroke where it isnt needed.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
The raptor is a 1 pulse per revolution.

A non wasted spark engine would be 1/2 pulse per revolution. 2 revolutions=1 pulse

·
Master of the Electron
15,631 Posts
A tach that expects a spark at the end of the compression stroke only (NOT wasted spark) as opposed to every revolution (wasted spark as the Rappy is) will need a programmable setting for 2 cylinders to work properly on the Rappy.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
If the tach can be programed to run at two pulses per power stroke, you should be able to use it............Some tachs are adjustable..............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts