·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
? :confused:

·
Registered
584 Posts
If you are really worried about keeping your warranty then I wouldnt do it. They can void it if they want too. Yea I know about the Magnusson whatever act blah, blah. Take it to court, Yamahas got more time and money and lawyers than you or I probably do.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point.... so say screw the warrenty and get the LTEs :grin_nod:??

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hell yes!

·
Registered
210 Posts
It might. It might not, but who cares. My 07 was 2 days old when I was hill shooting over in Glamis with all 3 mods. 8)(Talk about break-in period) If they want to be dix, chances are your warranty will be voided. On the other hand if you are concerned about it, don't mod it until after your sixth month.
Just my .02 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I asked that Q. to my dealer a year ago and they said " if the mods directly contribute to the breakdown, its not covered". That leaves it very iffy to say the least. Depends on your dealer and if they appreciate your business.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My dealer says NO...As long as you don't cut into the motor( pot and polish,etc) your warrentied fine.After market pipe will not void warrenty.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have heard that if you do the mods without doing the pcIII or some fuel management and make your bike run lean, then its not covered. Pretty sure if you have all three and a nice dealer, you should be fine. Just make sure you document all of your service on it, keep reciepts for oils changes and all that stuff. Even if you do it yourself.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Put it back to stock and unplug the battery to reset the ecu before taking it in with your hypothetical problem. Then your warranty is back in play

·
Registered
126 Posts
Using pure engineering logic (which the legal and marketing systems never do!), I would argue it should void the drivetrain warranty because we are modifying the vehicle in a way that puts considerably more load and stress on the engine bottom end and drivetrain.

But in the real world, it really comes down to the dealer. If he tells Yamaha the failure should be covered under warranty, it likely will be. If he says it shouldn't be, it likely won't be....

·
Registered
665 Posts
LISTEN TO WHAT BOOM SAID!!!!!! if u think that you have a "real" internal problem, strip the mods and take it to the stealership, ALL THE MORE REASON TO KEEP YOUR STOCK PARTS!!!!!! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Called my dealer, they said it would not void the warrenty. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
383 Posts
MONSTERMATT said:
LISTEN TO WHAT BOOM SAID!!!!!! if u think that you have a "real" internal problem, strip the mods and take it to the stealership, ALL THE MORE REASON TO KEEP YOUR STOCK PARTS!!!!!! :grin_nod:
I still have all my stock parts so when I trade mine in someday I dont lose as much of the extra money I put into it. They will give the same on a trade in no matter what I have on it. So when the time comes just slap all the stock parts back on and sell the aftermarket (unless they would fit on the new one I'd be buying).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts