Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i listed my tires on ebay and on RECYLCER.com, and i got this weird email, it seems like fraud, and i don't want to be the one responsible for owing the bank 3000.00$...cuz i know money orders can be fraudulent and the bank will hold me responsible for the 3000.00 if it has my name on it...maybe not,but still i would hate to have to pay them 3000.00, please read this email i got,

Hello,
Am highly interested in buying your(Tires & Wheels) the price is okay buy me, I will handle shipment of it to my base Here in france ,You'll be receiving your payment as soon as possible through my client who's in US.
I'll instruct him to issue out poster money order in your name the total amount he his owning me on our last transaction which is closed at ($3000),you'll receive it as soon as possible, Immediately you get this money order i want you to take it to your bank OR any cashing outlet in your area, cash and deduct your money for the ITEM and also deduct $100 for yourself and the excess is for my shipper that is coming to your location for the pickup alongside some other {items}i placed order for in care of my shipper.they will also use the funds to settle some customs problem and transport their selves down to your place with immediately effect, You will help me in sending the excess fund to them through western union for them to coming for the pick up immediately Pls can i trust you in sending the shipper's funds to me,If i can trust you email me your information such as
NAME--------
ADDRESS--------
CITY-------------
STATE--------------
ZIP CODE--------------
PHONE number BOTH HOME AND CELL--------
So that i can immediately fax it to my client for him to issueout the payment to you immediatel and it likely you get it on wednesday last and also it's depends on how fast you are in sending you information to me, pls get back to me for the payment and shipping to take place immedaitely HAVE A NICE DAY AND MY REGARDS TO YOUR FAMILY .

·
Registered
767 Posts
Do you seriously have to ask? :confused:

·
Registered
965 Posts
I will handle shipment of it to my base Here in france ,You'll be receiving your payment as soon as possible through my client who's in US.

That is all you need to know. It's a scam! I got one just like that from England when I was trying to sell my drum set.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah , i thought about that right away, the only reason i looked into it more, is because i know there are people on here that are over seas in military or other stuff, and need parts for their quad, so that's the only reason i thought twice about it, before i got into mortgages i did auto loan funding so detecting fraud was my job...i would never do this deal, i emailed him saying send me cash 3000.00$ and i'll send him the excess... :thumbsup:, if he does, i'll bling out my quad :grin_nod:

·
Registered
665 Posts
DUDE yeah its a scam but ....... u gotta play along, tell him go ahead and ur so glad u got a buyer etc. etc. and just prolong this bitch as long as possible, tell him you sent the item and give him a bogus tracking etc. etc. u know what i mean dude JUST PLAY THAT FUKK INTO THE GROUND!!!!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what if i get a 3000.00 money order and go to a NO ID check cashing ghetto ass store, and get the 3 grand, give no id...oh shit, he said he would issue it in my name, never mind, i'd have to tell him put my friends name on it, because i am to busy to get to the store, ..then go to the check cashing place, no id, not me, and get 3 grand, and then they chase down some fake guy like, MIke Hunt...

·
Registered
824 Posts
yea deff, ive seen many of those while i was looking for cars b4 the 7

and yea like matt said just mess with him

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Diddly said:
Do you seriously have to ask? :confused:

ha ha, thats what I was thinking. These idiots that do scams like this make it so completely obvious its not even funny. Why dont they just act normal.....they would beable to screw over a lot more people! :crazy: :lol:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
You can take the check but don't cash it deposit it and leave it. It will take about 2 to 3 weeks for the bank to clear it and make sure there are funds. If it clears yea if not oh well didn't hurt you. If you csh it the bank will come after you if it bounces.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I got that same email a couple of years ago and still have it saved......definate scam

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
there are tons of places to cash checks with no id, you just need to know where the ghetto is , i live in CA and i see places all over that have big signs "check cashing, no id required" and i bet they get a lot of b.s like this, i just wouldn't want my name on it, and guess what, so i repsonded all nice, and i got another email from someone else, and at first it seemed legit, then he pulled the same thing. check it out
this is from
david walker [[email protected]]
I will like to know if you still have the(SKAT TRAK HAULERS ) placed on the internet yet on sale and if yes kindly get back to me with the present condition and your last offer price, for this is needed for immediate
replacement..get back to me as soon as possible...
Thanks.
David
and so i replyed, cuz i thought this was someone local , then he sends me this
Hello,
Thanks for the mail,i got your response and i must tell you i'm okay with the price and the condition, Now i want to buy it as soon as possible,And i will like both of us to make a successful transaction together,i will buy the (SKAT TRAK ) for $150,i have instructed my client in {usa} to issue a Certified American Gift cheque to you.meanwhlie i also instructed him to include $2,000 on the payment so you should expect a Certified American Gift check of $2200, the excess is for my shipper that will becoming for pick up.I will like you to deduct $120 for your running around.The funds will be used for the pickup of the(SKAT TRAK ) along side 3 other CARS i placed order for in care of my shipper.i'll imploy you to wire the balance via western union money transfer to my shipper as soon as you RECEIVE the check.My SHIPPER will come for pick up on a specicified date that will be convenient for you.i hope i can count on you for my balance I ALSO WANT THIS TO BASE ON TRUST, CAN I TRUST YOU?..P.S i will like you to give me ur contact info..also as so on as u get the check,cashing store will be given to you by me, for the fast cashing of the cheque.Hope this is understandable by you.
Name in full.
Adresss. .
City...
State...
Country..
zip code...
phone...
pls get all this done for me so that i can fax it down to my client that will send u the cheque..
warm regards
Mr.David...

so i sent him an email saying, "ok, just give me your contact info so i can verfy what i need to do."

·
Registered
677 Posts
Tell him that since there is obviously a western union nearby him, not to bother with the "american gift cheque" (american express????) and just western union the cash to you... then you'll wire the excess ($.03) back to him when all is done :) :) :) What a maroon! You can all ways tell the scams because they think that a capitol I and a lower case L are interchangeable. (sans serif fonts)

I say death to all scammers.

-SS

·
Registered
10 Posts
GuamRaptor700 said:
It will take about 2 to 3 weeks for the bank to clear it and make sure there are funds. If it clears yea if not oh well didn't hurt you. If you csh it the bank will come after you if it bounces.
Exactly why you get screwed. And exactly why this overseas scam works for those that fall for the "fast money".
You cash the check because your bank has all YOUR account info, then you send the buyer the "extra".
Then in 2 weeks when the bank can finally confirm that they can not get balance from the overseas account, they go to you to pay them back. So your pretty much out all the money the check was for, and also for whatever the item was that you sold them.

Again the sad thing is there are people all over that are still fallnig for these scams.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dude, and this shitty thing is, i posted them for sale on www.recycler.com and i even took the ad down, and i keep getting scam emails, like 2 a day from differnt people each time, at first it was funny to mess with them, but today i been cussing them out big time, it started getting real anoying, one guy was like do you have anything else for sale? i'll buy anything, and i'm like why would you even say something stupid like that, i told him i have some fresh SHIT forsale, only pooped once!,...dang, not even safe to try and sell something, stupid scammers...

·
Registered
665 Posts
dude - after you fukk with this loser, u need to go to the FBI website and report this, i believe they have a cyber-crime link or phone number to report losers like this DO NOW!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts