Raptor Forum banner

Does this sound right?

2K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  Mpeavler 
#1 ·
I just took my Rappy in for it's first service... $190!!! :'( I was shocked. :eek: They are going to check the valves but that still sounds high.

What have you guys seen? :3question:

#2 ·
that was about what i was quoted.

#4 ·
I would have them define "check". That does sound high for changing oil and sniffing the seat. I would do the larger part of the service yourself and then get them to do the valves, if they need it.

MK

#7 ·
Regardless of the price its well worth it - in my mind - if you carry a warranty. If anything mechanical goes wrong then Yamaha pretty much has to honor it.

#8 ·
Called my dealer to get a price quote on it and they told me $420.....I was like wtf why?....He said to check the valves they had to pull the cam and put in shims and stuff....I told them I didn't know wtf they were talking about or who they was trying to get over on but you don't have to do that bs on a raptor 700...Then the guy asked me what shop I owned since I knew better than he did.....Anyhow did it myself knowing you didn't have to do that and will never call that dealer again!

#9 ·
06700GUY said:
Called my dealer to get a price quote on it and they told me $420.....I was like wtf why?....He said to check the valves they had to pull the cam and put in shims and stuff....I told them I didn't know wtf they were talking about or who they was trying to get over on but you don't have to do that bs on a raptor 700...Then the guy asked me what shop I owned since I knew better than he did.....Anyhow did it myself knowing you didn't have to do that and will never call that dealer again!
LOL gotta love those guys who claim the Raptor has shim under bucket style. Someone called me once I posted under the HOW TO doing the valves to help save money. I can't rember who it was but needless to say he did it himself and saved some loot. Adjusting the valves is just as easy as changin the oil on these things. Do it yourself so you know it's truly been done!!

M

#12 ·
I paid $800 for unlimited visits for 2 yrs. 6 visits and it will pay for itself well before 2 yrs is up. I just took it in for its first service today. I got the receipt for the cost if I didn't get the PPM and it came up to $155.00. Yeah I know, it was a chunk of change but like I said, it will pay for itself in no time.

#13 ·
holy crap!!! if memory serves me correctly, i only paid like 90 bucks for my first service, and thats oil change AND adjusting the valves. they did it too because they let me hang out and watch.

#14 ·
I paid 204 for my first service, (valve adjustment,oil, ect) and 206 for the wifes raptor 350. I gues the difference in price was her oil filter cost more..

#16 ·
I about flipped when they told me it was $140. I thought that was extremely high especially after paying almost $6800 for the thing to begin with.

#18 ·
Chapparal Motorsports charged me $160 to check and adjust the valves. They said it would be $200 for valves,oil change, and coolant change. $160 was a good price for me. It only took them a day to do it.

#19 ·
Wow... I guess my price was about right. :crazy:

I just picked her up. They tell me the handle bars are not exactly alligned with the wheels (to drive strait the handle bars have to be slightly turned to the right). I'm sure it's from my "accident". http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=10393.0 They said it's not bad and it may not bother me. To ride it and if it does bring it back. They took a quick look and did not see anything bent.

Any ideas?

#22 ·
My first service was $150...since then I have changed my oil twice but I need to have the valves checked, I'd just assume do it myself, I need to read up again on how to do it. I remember mine ran alot better after they did it the first time.

#23 ·
It's a piece of cake and actually if you want to just guess and readjust them over and over until you get it, you can skip the crows feet and the special tools. Once the locking nut is loose, they turn pretty easy. Must make sure you have a torque wrench however.

M

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.