Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF any of you guys do this or have thought about this be very careful!!! I have done it before and im sure some of you guys have done it as well. Well this weekend I had to figure out the hard way the cops now have Thermal cameras!!! He new 100% where i was at all time, it was at 2:00a.m so there was no other cars anywhere, so he knew where i was by my heat trail!

Just letting you guys know

·
Registered
905 Posts
Wow lol good job

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
So if you make a turn while he's outta sight. He's gonna be able to tell you turned there?Wow that's insaine but its best to stop for em. It's a law on paper the cops aren't to chase unless you've already commited a serious crime so the chase don't cause harm to the public. They'll chase you about a mile if that.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I figured he was in a car. Yeah it's best for our sport/hobby to only ride in spots designated or the LAND OWNER says it's okay. If not they will start cracking down on every quad owner. It's never a good idea to run from the cops. If you can't afford the ticket or face the punishment. You shouldn't do it at all. It's deadly not just to you but everyone around you. I can't talk much I just got a speeding ticket north of Atlanta Friday night 103 in a 70 so I'm in goergia's super speeder catogory. I already know this one is gonna be costly!

·
Registered
173 Posts
thermal dont let you see heat trails...lol you can see heat but not heat trails

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
I figured he was in a car. Yeah it's best for our sport/hobby to inlet ride in spots designated or the LAND OWNER says it's okay. If not they will start cracking down on every quad owner.
He posted it in the 660 section, so I thought it was on a quad.

Still not a good idea either way, but obviously my comment won't apply if he's in a car and therefore there was no need/purpose for me to post it.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Dude was you in a car or on a quad? If you was on a quad why was you on the street with it at 2am leaving the bar j/k. I noticed you said no other cars on the street. The cops here don't say much to me in the city for riding the neighborhood streets long as I'm not WTFO and just cruising. That's in the day time but at 2am I'm sure I'd have problems before I got out the garage good. Hope you didn't get a felony evading charge and everything works out. I see you're not locked up or posted bond you're on the forum still. Did you learn anything?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
lol..i was on my quad, i live in the country and have 80 acres...its all dirt roads, i wasnt leaving the bar or anything me and a couple buddies were just driving around. We split up and i was going home, on dirt roads going slow i wasnt being stupid or acting like an ass. Weve drove on the dirt roads a billion times since we were 6 years old. The cop told me that i resisted arest bye trying to run which i didnt even know he was there!! He shut his head lights off and followed me?!?!?!? i pulled into my driveway and bout 30 sec later he pulled in turned on his headlights and started to shine my yard, nothing happened to me i didnt get a ticket or anything cuz i knew the cop from school. But i started asking questions bout the topic and he told me they have thermal camera that shows heat so thats why he could follow me

Im just letting you guys know incase this happens you might want to think about what your doing from now on

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
That's cool nothing happened to you. Yeah when in Florida I ride the country dirt roads and never had a problem even see cops they wave at ya but get on the major paved roads and you'll be ticketed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well if your on the paved road i know you will get into major trouble if they feel like being an ass, but where i live everyone goes to the local gas station on there toys...everyday!!! On my street no one cares at all if your riding, most of the dads have quads and do it to so its really no big deal...he told me i was the first one he came across so he wanted to check it out. I saw the video and it would be really hard to get away from if anyone DID want to run...he could see me really far away, it takes along time for the heat off your engine to disapate into the air

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Yeah that's how it is near my Florida place and at my Cincinnati spot 95% of the time long as I'm just cruise the nieghborhood streets I'm good just stay of the main drags so I don't cause problems I've had cops tell me they don't care they own quads but if the wrong officer sees me I'm gonna be ticketed. I wish we could tag em like them little skooters that ain't aloud on the interstate but are every other road that'd be nice.

·
Registered
383 Posts
so u've been cruising the streets on a quad at 2am since you were 6? this I find hard to believe LOL. sorry...

·
Brooklyn Raptor.
441 Posts
were you peeing yourself running? cause i dont see any othere possible heat trail!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hawaiianbasshead - umm ive been on a quad since i was 6, i lived at that house since i was born and i just bought it a little over 3 years ago so ive been out there my whole life, i didnt say when i was 6 i rode until 2a.m, its just very common for it to happen in the last 10+ years to b riding after 2a.m

EDIT - i did kinda word it like i always ride at 2a.m since i was 6 but i didnt mean it

Figgtree - ??? when u run your engine what happens?? incase you are a little slow i shall tell u it - it creates HEAT!!! so what do u think a thermal gun reads?

Im not trying to act like im a badass that ran from the cops at all, i didnt even know he was following me until he pulled into my drive way, i was going like 3rd gear 1/2 gas so i was just cruising along....you guys can take this or leave it i really dont care, i thought i would just post it in case in the next little bit u happen to come across this and think well hell i can run the cops no big deal cuz that one might have that damn gun

·
Brooklyn Raptor.
441 Posts
I know it creates heat heat it makes you appear white. if you get out of range and sight then he cant follow where you weny its not like the road is gonna be any hotter

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the video he had of me showed more red then white, idk for sure but i would guess he was 100 yards or so behind me, the video had me riding down the street and turn into my driveway...he knew what driveway i pulled into very easy, summer day i would understand the road heats up and shit but the whole day it didnt get hotter then 60, and when i was riding it was mid 30...i was pretty shocked how easy it was to see me on the video

·
Registered
37 Posts
hey man hows it going for you? look dude, im in atlanta aswell and i was just reading your post and ur rt, they are cracking down a little. i'm lookin for help on mods for my '08' 700 and i see that you have many.. do you know of a shop that increases the 700, or atleast dyno's them? i cant find a spot anywhere in GA. im on the south side near the airport and me and my buddys gather alot for street rides and im really tryin to keep these banshees where they belong; in the back of me... please help me dude... pm me if u can or i'd give you my number or email, it doesnt matter. i just need alot of advice and any place in GA that does dyno with pc5+autotune.. thanks in advance

1 - 18 of 18 Posts