Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I have been reading alot on here about raptors and have learned alot.thanks. anyway I got some wheel spacers the other day 5" and said great let me put em on. They have a lifetime guarantee so i figured they wouldnt break...they were right they didnt break they broke off every stud on my rear hub. I was letting my friend ride it and he was racing a fully modded 07 400ex..lol...he was killing it till all of a sudden the wheel cane flying off right past him..it looked like a scene out of a movie.lol..........we were only jumping small hills and lots of whoops.it happened when he was flying over the whoops...so dont even think about spaces people ok!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Thats why you use the g force style (billet) 1.5 spacers or there extended hubs, I wouldnt trust any other spacer.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I do agree on the wheel spacers, i rather had got an axle my self. But i was kinda short on money so i got 2.5'' spacers, and they work great, i have not had one problem from them yet.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Ya, a friend of mine uses the 2" or 3" without problems yet, maybe the 5" was just too much.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Damn that sucks..glad he wasnt hurt.

I could be wrong, but doesnt the manufacturer state the 5" arent for jumping/mx style riding?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no they wont pay for my repairs. I wouldnt expect them to. the raptor handeled real well with the 5" but i guess it was too much. I took the hub off today and put new studs in it but my wheel is kinda messed up.anybody have a nice stock rear wheel for sale?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts