Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the rain we've been having it was only a matter of time.... I was getting sick and tired of getting my feet and legs soaked just to go out for a putt inbetween working or whatever. And the waterholes between my house and my own "watering hole" were getting larger and harder to scoot around, sooooo....

enter my splashplates. I made them out of some .063 aluminum I had sitting around. They work pretty dang nice too, even if they do look dorky. Cut out the water from the front tire, under the nerf and the kick up you get off the rear.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
i bet if you made some nice brackets and patent them u could sell some, i would buy a pair.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is it just me, or in the 2nd pic does it look like the coolant hose is cut in half? Anyway, pretty cool. :thumbsup:

About the patent idea last time i check it was like $10,000 :eek: to get the ball rolling. If you were wondering

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
great job :thumbsup:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.
No brackets. They're riveted to the nerfs.
No, you're right daytonaman. I had to cut the coolant hose in half to mount the plate on that side ::) ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Looks like a good idea to me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You could do a poor man's patent. Describe your idea on paper and include detailed pictures. Mail several copies of all the info to yourself. Store some of the envelopes in a safety deposit box. If a company comes out with the same idea you can sue and get lots of money because the post mark on the envelope is the proof of the date you had the idea!

·
Registered
9 Posts
JUST WEAR WADERS! :lol:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Also serve as nerf bar skid plates... dont forget to put that in your ads.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That is an urban legend...this is NOT recognized as any sort of legal patent, copyright, trademark, etc.

Excerpt taken fron the USPTO site:

"Truth or myth? The cheapest way to establish your date of invention or “conception” is by mailing to yourself a registered letter describing the invention and leaving it sealed?

This practice is commonly called a “poor man’s patent” and is practically worthless. You cannot protect your invention against later inventors by merely mailing yourself a registered letter. There are many other methods to protect your invention: (1) keep full, detailed, records that are witnessed by others; use a bound notebook rather than a loose-leaf for protection against a charge that something was inserted later; (2) file a disclosure document; (3) file a provisional patent application; or (4) file a non-provisional patent application."

William Lawn said:
You could do a poor man's patent. Describe your idea on paper and include detailed pictures. Mail several copies of all the info to yourself. Store some of the envelopes in a safety deposit box. If a company comes out with the same idea you can sue and get lots of money because the post mark on the envelope is the proof of the date you had the idea!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Good idea, I was almost thinking of mounting some DS650 style fenders to mine. :confused:

·
Registered
226 Posts
....ha, yeah; just put some diesel truck mud flaps; soudns a bit easier....(if it'd work.ha!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.