Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been a few threads about street legal quads, but not much discussion about the tires. In Missouri you have to have DOT approved tires. If you are going to ride on the streets you are going to need a "street" tread, so if anyone knows of any DOT approved "street" tires, please reply. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am sure you can get a set of wheels and tires for a 4 bolt car I have a interchange chart for wheel bolt patterns, what is the raptor bolt pattern 4X? I know there has got to be a car that has the same bolt parttern out there somewhere. If so you can get a set of 14 or 15 inch wheels than you can get a speed rated tire :grin_nod:

·
Registered
965 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You can get some wheel adaptors made and adapt any wheels you want onto the Raptor. Golf carts do it all the time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I guess it all depends on what type of riding you are going to be doing. I have my Raptor street legal, but as you can see, I had to replace the rims as well. Don't know if you want to go that far. I haven't found any car with a bolt pattern of 4x156 or 4x115, which is why I decided to got this route. In order to be able to ride on pavement without wearing out a set of tires everyday, I swapped out the stock tires and replaced them with matching light weight aluminum rims and BFG All Terrains 27" x 8.5" x 14" for regular trucks on the rear, Carlisle All Trail 25" x 8" x 12" for ATV's or UTV's on parking lot duty, on the front. It's a lot of fun to ride and the tires are not showing any signs of wear for the 1750 miles I have on them so far (60% pavement 40% dirt).

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Stupid Florida. They barley let us ride in the dirt, let alone the friggin road! Im movin to AZ. wanted to b4 but really do now

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just smoke em up till they're bald.......anyways, they're out there, i've seen them on quads around town, living in the desert, some people only have quads, they are everywhere in town, and rhinos, its like an infestation out there....

·
Registered
305 Posts
Im in cali. We cant do SH*T either.

If it was going to be street legal in cali you would need turn signals, both a front and rear license plate, A light to propely display both plates, insurance, both front and side impact air bags and a special license.

·
Registered
29 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.