Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a set of these for my Raptor, just wondering if anyone here has used them. Im a little worried about them bending, but i have talked to a few guys at the dunes and they really like them. But they may not ride as hard as i do. Any info you have would be great thanks!!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I just bought a set of these for my Raptor, just wondering if anyone here has used them. Im a little worried about them bending, but i have talked to a few guys at the dunes and they really like them. But they may not ride as hard as i do. Any info you have would be great thanks!!
Pretty thin stuff.....................

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty thin stuff.....................
Ya I know, thats what worries me. I wouldn't dare use them anywhere else, but in the sand im hopping they will work. Im tring to save as much weight as I can. These wheels might be too much, I guess we'll see.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I have them on all my paddles...if you trail ride or do alot of jumping, you will bend them for sure.

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
I trail ride in the sand with them all the time. they will bend, but most the time you can bend them back with block of wood & a hammer. :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Man you guys must ride way harder than me. I have had no problems in 4 years, I am 280, do some small jumps and pound the trails with roots in the Oregon dunes with no problems. My 160 pound buddy has jumped it 100ft in 5th gear pinned at st Anthony with no problems.

Guess I dont hit rocks or whatever it is you guys are doing. Lol ( just playin)

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
I've bent .190 rims before...I guess I actually use more than 1/4 throttle sometimes :lol:

.125 rims are mostly picked for their lightness...I ran a set at LS on my rear paddles and they held up fine in the trails there. I wouldn't run them on a rocky trail though, especially if you run at a decent pace.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for the replies!
I will only be using them in the sand at st. Anthony's and I should be able to stay out of the rocks.
I do some jumping alright, that's the only thing that worries me. I plan on weighing them against my itp .190. the .125 may not be much lighter then the .190's and might be better off sticking with the .190. We'll see. I'll post the weight differance today or tomorrow.
Alos bothering me is I have been told its almost impossible to mount tires on these wheels without bending them. Should I go to a tire shop or a atv shop? Anything I should know before mounting them?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
I've had my tires mounted on .125s a few times at a local tire shop (Discount Tire)...as long as the guy putting them on knows what he's doing, it shouldn't suffer any damage. they just have to be careful on where they put the arm on the rim.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I said I would weigh the .125 against the 190's but forgot to when I had the chance, sorry!
But I did have a 16oz bottle of water, which weighs 1 pound, and was able get a pretty close guess with that. The differance in weight between the .125 and 190 is very little, there is a 1/2 a pound to 3/4 is all. I don't think its enough savings to notice anything, and as easy as they are to bend I would just as soon stay with the 190's. I will try them out for a while but if they get bent bad, I will go back to my 190's and in the future I'll stick with the 190's

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I said I would weigh the .125 against the 190's but forgot to when I had the chance, sorry!
But I did have a 16oz bottle of water, which weighs 1 pound, and was able get a pretty close guess with that. The differance in weight between the .125 and 190 is very little, there is a 1/2 a pound to 3/4 is all. I don't think its enough savings to notice anything, and as easy as they are to bend I would just as soon stay with the 190's. I will try them out for a while but if they get bent bad, I will go back to my 190's and in the future I'll stick with the 190's
Depending on the strength of the material, comparing the .125s to the .190s, you are also looking at the fact that the .190s would be 50% stronger.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts