Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on my Dr. D reverse lever relocation kit. It seems to be much more user friendly than the Knob on the fender. I like to not have to move my hand off the bars to put it in reverse -not a big deal but it is actually kind of inconvienent to have to pull your hand off the bars to reach the knob. This one puts it right on the front brake attach bracket.

Install was very easy, I took off the shifter and the front sprocket cover for access. If anyone is thinkin of doing this, I highly recommend it. It's a nice simple upgrade.

.....just my two cents!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, got it off ebay but Moto-man has them as I'm sure everyone else does to. paid $59 for it. comes with the lever, cable and a plug for the old switch hole.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
good mod.. :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just put on my Dr. D reverse lever relocation kit. It seems to be much more user friendly than the Knob on the fender. I like to not have to move my hand off the bars to put it in reverse -not a big deal but it is actually kind of inconvienent to have to pull your hand off the bars to reach the knob. This one puts it right on the front brake attach bracket.

Install was very easy, I took off the shifter and the front sprocket cover for access. If anyone is thinkin of doing this, I highly recommend it. It's a nice simple upgrade.

.....just my two cents!
How about a few pictures for us newbies.

·
Registered
426 Posts
we run blue led's on our flags and i put my switch in that plug. dr. d relocation for the reverse is pretty much awesome

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Dr. D reverse lever relocation

.....just my two cents!
My KFX450 has the revrse lever on the bars stock. I still look for it on my 700! I have been looking into them to. It is very cool set up..

·
Registered
448 Posts
This kit is awesome, I also got the billet key relocate to hue previous reverse location and then used the supplied plug on the previous ignition hole with a little kidding for fitment

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Will Wheelie for Gas
73 Posts
put mine on 2 yrs ago and would never go back to fender mounted. so much more convienent

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
Its a great mod just takes getting used to not reaching for the fender. :)

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Dr. D makes some quality products you won't get hurt with any of their stuff.. 8)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Its a great mod just takes getting used to not reaching for the fender. :)
I've only had my Raptor a month so shouldn't be too hard to retrain the brain. :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Careful when you install it. If the cable is not routed correctly, you could end up shifting in reverse when you don't want to.

Take it from experiance. I was rippin' along in a 3rd gear power turn and happend to notice the red "R" light come on (2011). YIKES!! I don't know how I noticed this as I rarely (if ever) look at the little dashboard indicators when I'm riding hard. Anyway I was fortunate enough to think fast enought and NOT let the clutch out. Can't imagine what would have happend had I done it. Discovered that if I turned hard right, the cable would tighten up and shift it to reverse.

·
Registered
328 Posts
This is the first mod I did after getting my Raptor!
It's great to be able to go to reverse without taking your hands off the bars!!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
You're all effin lazy. Are you riding so fast and hard that you can't take your hands off the bars to shift into reverse? I've always been at a complete stop and had plenty of time to reach down and flip the switch. Sheesh.

Yeah, I want one. Off to Ebay.... again!
Haha, I like it cause I and frequently somewhere I don't want to be, like a steep dune, where with the Dr d, I could keep hand on brake and pull clutch in. But now, gotta take the hand off the brake. I haven't done it yet, and wish I would have before I did my risers. I could have put my key there rather than in the left fender where it is now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts