Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gonna do this install this weekend and i was wonderin if any of you did it and could tell me what you thought and any pointers you could give me to do this install, thanks

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
Real straight forward, takes about 45 minutes to an hour to do!

Mike

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just finished installing mine this afternoon :thumbsup: pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Mine's on its way. Can it be mounted on either side? Do you think you could operate the clutch and flip the switch (or whatever you do with it) with the same hand?

Thanks

·
Registered
623 Posts
i dont have one yet, but it looks like you probably could?

seems like it just replaces the clamp. would probably just require different cable routing to the opposing side. maybe someone who has one can chime in?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yeah, I was just looking and I don't think you could operate the clutch and Dr D with one hand. Not with the bulk of the light switches your thumb has to reach over :( I may have to see if I can relocate my Vapor to that side. It's always something.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The Dr D bolts right on to your brake lever bracket eliminating the outside stock bracket. I guess you could relocate it and modify a clamp to hold it :3question: and the kit comes with a plastic plug for where the reverse turn knob is now, and you will be replacing the stock cable with the DR D cable.

·
Registered
610 Posts
It bolts to an existing bracket?... good. Maybe it won't interfere with my Vapor's handlebar mount then. A pic I saw of it looked like it had its own separate bracket. I'll know soon enough. Tracking said I should have it Monday.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It sure beats taking your hand off the bars when you are sitting on a steep side hill and need to get in reverse :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts