Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok u know this topic has come up alot but I want to get into drag racing with my Raptor 700. I want to get the most power out of it without touching the motor because I use it to deer hunt and ride also. I am ordering the power commander programmer for it in a few days. I want to know what exhaust is the most powerfull. I am leaning towards Two Bros. I also want to know what is the best intake option. K&N? Also what are the best tires for 1/8th dirt track? I will prob. make a wheelie bar.... Also with these mods should I be smoking just about anything I want besides the stage III's?

Another thing I saw how some people have taken the grill off the raptor and painted it black... how did you do it? sand it and paint it with spray? I thought it looked cool!

·
Registered
206 Posts
lte/pc3/kn proflow is a strong running comb. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet! The lte, those are duals aren't they? How much hp shoudl i be making and how much are the lte's? Do they sound nice deep and throaty like other sigle pipes do?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Machy said:
Sweet! The lte, those are duals aren't they? How much hp shoudl i be making and how much are the lte's? Do they sound nice deep and throaty like other sigle pipes do?
One of the guys on here dynoed his 3 basic mod setup with the LTE duals at 51 hp I beleive. LTE's will run you right around $800 for the coated version and yes they have a deep tone to them. As far as comparing to singles you will gain about 2 more hp with the dual setup over a single or so I'm told.

G

·
hey wats up and ur topic caught my attention beacuz that is all i do with my quad but in the sand or street :grin_nod:.well i have both used LTE's and some other pipes but i now have rocket factoires drag pipes and they push out the most hp and i know they do more than the LTE's. They are very nice and have a loud and mean sound to them. i love them but i run alot more then the "first three mods" if you will. u can see what i run in my sig, and i beat pretty much alll 4 strokes every time i go :p

·
Registered
494 Posts
Getting the most power and not touching the motor really dont belong in the same sentence.

The basic 3 mods just get your foot in the door. Its still less than satisfying for a 686cc motor as far as im concerned. I wouldnt count on smoking anything that comes in your path.

I think the cleanest intake setup is the Pro Design. Im running a Uni filter 2 stage on mine, and it keeps the sand out of the intake. Ive run KNs with an outerwear and they allow more than a fair amount of dirt in the intake.

·
Registered
26 Posts
best tires for dirt that i've seen are the hole shots!!grip like hell.. imo

·
Registered
226 Posts
turbo tun tun said:
Agree, go with ITP holeshots...find 'em @ rockymountainatv.com

·
Registered
340 Posts
Deja_Entendu700 said:
turbo tun tun said:
Agree, go with ITP holeshots...find 'em @ rockymountainatv.com
I'll be the sole voice of reason (fair and balanced!) Dont sell yourself short on tire choices, there are many out there. You also have the Maxxis family of Razr's. Also, look for the lower priced Kenda Klaws. On the XC scene you'll see 45% IPT Holeshots, 45% Maxxis razr's, razr2's and Irazers, and the balance are usually Kenda's or some other off brand.

Frank

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats pretty amazing time, what kinda of time do you run in the 1/4? I got this loser (I own a mach 1 mustang) and he said he could take me, I told him na I'll beat you on my fourwheeler...........he laughed and said bs. So When I get these 3 mods done and work on my shifting, about what kind of times should I be running in the quarter? The guy is a ricer and has a stage 1 turbo charged scion (yea its a piece) and he runs low 14's

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Turbo scion....what a ***. But he will probably beat you in the 1/4. running low 14's he is gunna be at around 95mph, the rappy tops out at what? low 80's. He will probably be running 9's in the 1/8 so you will kill him there with your new mods. His advantage is a higher top speen which he will achieve in the 1/4. Your ideal race against him would be 1/8 mile on the street. There you will have another advantage over his FWD turbo car. At the track its a lot more sticky so he will hook up better. This is all assuming you will be running high 7's like Rollin700Hard is. You could run mid 8's and still beat him. You have good low end acceleration and he has good top end acceleration. Keep the ball in your court. Your probaby going to pull at least 10 scion lengths on him in the 1/8

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Asphault 1/8 mile.....8.80s maybe but not 7.80s. Mine ran 9.0s pretty consitently in the 1/8th with just a slipon muffler and my buddys stocker ran low 9.30s. Im a little more aggressive than he is too, I never had a chance to take his down the track so I dont know. The 660s that run there run somewere in the 9.2-9.5 range depending on mods and rider with 2.0 60fts(mine being in the 1.9s at best). My new combo will be better :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok well I'll give him a run in the 1/8th then....and I'll give him a car length or 2 also for giggles, that *** thought he could take my mach in the 1/4 it runs low 12's and when it was stock with slicks only it ran mid 12's hes a ricer

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On the LTE exhaust is there any difference in the ceramic and factory finish besides looks? will the factory finish still stay nice looking the whole time or is it worth the extra $150

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
Asphault 1/8 mile.....8.80s maybe but not 7.80s. Mine ran 9.0s pretty consitently in the 1/8th with just a slipon muffler and my buddys stocker ran low 9.30s. Im a little more aggressive than he is too, I never had a chance to take his down the track so I dont know. The 660s that run there run somewere in the 9.2-9.5 range depending on mods and rider with 2.0 60fts(mine being in the 1.9s at best). My new combo will be better :grin_nod:
You were running 9.0's with your current mods, or was this before?

there is another guy that races 1/8th mile on here and he is running like 8.3 @79mph. "IROC" is his alias. Here is what he has:
700 se rider
from sweden
streetlegal
je 11:1
ported head
lte duals
kn/pro flow
pcIII
ngk wideband
custom map
15/36
tusk nerfs
goldspeed bumper
cfm low.kit
450 shocks
1/8 mile 8,302/79 mph

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.