Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my buddies all love trail riding and MX, but come on...flying through the gears to see whos got the most is always fun :)

Any advice? Usually on dry pavement we go from a slow roll ( to save tires mostly) I start in second gear and lean forward kind of far, rev it up and let it out semi fast but dont drop it. It seems to help get a little jump on whoever you are racing.

Any tips for racing on grass/pavement/dirt..whatever?

·
Registered
815 Posts
I suck at it... ha ha ha.... i can race VERY good on dirt or grass... but i am not that great on pavement....
only advice i can give ya is to try and make sure to race on grass or dirt. I tried racing on pavement for a long time... finally told ppl i would only race on grass/dirt...

Plattner

·
Registered
200 Posts
Start out in 1st on pavement..........just enough to get it going then quickly bang second and hammer it. Becareful, cause it will still easily come up but usually you can ride it out............. :thumbsup:

G

·
When I race on pavment I usually start out in first. Makes it a lot easier and doesnt bog as bad as starting in 2nd.

·
Registered
187 Posts
when i race grass/dirt i always use first to start but i hold down my foot brake and get my RPM's up and the bike will actualyl "HUNKER DOWN" and squat. Thats when she ready to go, :thumbsup: dump the clutch and sit on teh tank. I also use ratchet straps to get a realyl STIFF and LOW stance when i go to teh strip and that helps with teh wheelies too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts