Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i need help, what is the best way to drag a stock rappy on a dry lake bed. im going this weekened to el mirage with my cousin and his ltr 450(cherrybomb,lid off,w/o spark arrestor) we went to weeks ago and we were neck and neck for the first 6 runs, till he started to rev his out more before shifiing and started pulling on me a little maybe a fender. i feel imgiving up alot on the launch where he is dumping the clutch im slowly letting it go on low rpms to keep the front end down. i am a beginner, so should i be dumping it and riding it out or what? and how should i be shifting i cant seem to find the sweetspot. and one last one, considering the bikes, and there mods, and lets assume the rider is the same can my stock bike beat his? any help would be great. oh and by the way a little on the launch i ve ridden his and it is very hard to lift the front it just spins, so i feel if i can master that part i should be able to beat him.j ust my opinion.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks for responding guys, i half ass tried a second gear launch but i guess i needed the rpms higher cuz it stalled. i also was told on hard surfaces it s best to go on 1st. i mean it responds as if i was an asphalt. so about how may rpms should i dump it on second?

·
Registered
973 Posts
If you launch on hardpack in first theres a pretty change you are going to end up on your back with that rappy on top of you. Launch it in second.

·
Registered
26 Posts
2nd gear and sit on the handle bars. I can almost start in 3rd unless I have my monster 10 paddles on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts