Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a street drag this evening and realized that while I am way faster than any quad out the hole ....I cant keep her down on the ground to utilize the power..I was runnin 8 in the 1/8th mile but there were banshees runnin 7.2 ...this is unacceptable..hell I even had a trx 450 beat me...prolly cuz i ran a wheelie from hole shot to 2nd gear...help help help...my bike is way to pretty and it is time to get her lower and faster

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
a flat 8 second 1/8 mile is still damn impressive. Weird that a trx of all things would beat you though....must have not been one of your 8 second passes!
Banshee's are understandable.....not much going to touch a shee on pavement! Thats where that motor is really "at home" :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
sangue_e_Tripas said:
Maybe if you use a longer swingarm...?
sounds like your fix right there,. or a wheelie bar... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Is this a drag only quad? You might consider a much beefier shock on the swingarm if so.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Headrope said:
Is this a drag only quad? You might consider a much beefier shock on the swingarm if so.
Maybe a longer swingarm to. If just for drag go with a least a +4 or +6 if not longer since you plan on just drag race.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well I usually take off in 2nd gear and when the front end starts to come up a bit, I dump the clutch and shift. It has been helpful to me.

P.S. A longer swingarm will definately help. Either +4 or +6. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Dunno if it would be legal or advisable but perhaps there is some sort of brace you could use to attach the swingarm to the frame?
Maybe some sort of link system or something like what Jeeps have on their front suspension? In doing so, if it worked, the weight of the nose would be transitioned into the tires like a "rigid" in the chopper bike world.
When you go offroad you could undo the links.
Just throwing out ideas.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
...you run different tires I assume?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Talljess said:
last nite i made the mistake of runnin with the holeshots...that wont happen again..they are just to heavy on asphalt..am looking for slicks
Yeah, not only the weight, but the lack of traction with knobbies. Lot more wheel spin!

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
A brand called "Kings Tire" has some DOT-like street tires. Hoosiers and American Racers aren't uncommon at the drag strip either. As for slicks, start looking at jr dragster and go-kart performance shops.

As for the banshees, if he's got as much money you'll simply never win. Heck, he can probably beat you for 20-40 percent less.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.