Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The raptor manual (downloaded from this forum :thumbsup:) says tires are on the ground & play is 27-37mm. Clymer yamaha manual says support under frame with wheels off ground & play is 30-45mm. What the hell? I'm going with raptor manual, right? Why is clymer so different? Makes me wonder if there are other discrepentcies(SP?) u know what im saying! lol

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
There are discrepencies in the factory manual, one of them being the fuel level in the carbs set to 3mm below the top of the bowl, it should be 3mm above.
As for the difference between the factory and clymer for setting the chain, that doesn't souond like a discrepency, the swingarm will hang lower when the frame is supported and the tires are off the ground so there will be more slack in the chain.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried it both ways and it's in the middle range on both. PS thanx for the spelling lesson :lol:(discrepency)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think we'll go with your spelling.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
total play from top to bottom is how i do it. Just grab the chain and wiggle it. if it moves up and down more than an inch or so, adj it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts