Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I'm adjusting my chain now. Anyone have any pointers or advice on the best way to do this?? It's my first time adjusting it. And it appears to be loose. The manual is not too clear for me.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
Loosen the four allen head bolts on the carrier, put a screwdriver through the sprocket and into the hole on the carrier (left side) and push/pull the quad until the right amount of tension is on it! I always go by the width if my index finger and middle finger (about a inch) when it comes to the right amount of slack you need. And yes think of that last sentence like your rounding 3rd base. ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just finished adjusting mine, another good point is, after your done put a jack underneath the rear axle and lift it up until the rear tires are off the ground. Start quad and put it into gear, if the chain is tracking right it will cycle smoothly, if the chain is to loose it will jump around on top of the swing arm, you'll know if its to tight just by feel.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I also sit or get some one to really push down on the rear to see how much the chain tightens up, so I know when hit bumps with my weight it's not slamming tight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts