Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be dropping my highway toy off to be detailed today, should have it back on Friday. It is a 2002 Z28, i believe original paint. Still less than 100,000 miles on her. They will be doing a 3-stage polishing to it to make her shine like new! Spring is finally here so i have to spend a little $$ on this ride as well before I take her out of garage for weekend drives.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I've been waiting for this thread :D. Clean car, it'll look awesome once it gets clayed and polished! That is a factory color (Z28 only I believe). I'd imagine the detailer will let you know what spots have been resprayed (if any.) Looking forward to the end result!

·
Super Moderator
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Walking over it with the detailer and there will be just a spot or 2 where he will need to touch up the paint. The deciding factor on getting it detailed this spring was me tipping my dirt bike into the door a couple months ago. Choice words were yelled indeed. He does a lot of show cars, high end rides and such so he was very confident that I would fall in love with my ride all over again, lol. He also said the same as you...very clean car that he is looking forward to making it stand out. There will be a lot of pics taken over the weekend then posted on here, lol

·
Super Moderator
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah....I don't park my bikes like shown in the pic anymore. Now they face the other way. Not parallel to the car. Lesson learned, lol.

·
Super Moderator
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I let the detailer keep my car until tomorrow, works out better for me. Guy is going nuts with detailing it, way above and beyond the original agreement of just exterior detailing. So far he has steamed the interior and did a full interior detail, coated the leather seats with a treatment, headlight cleansing ( those look way different) , went under the hood for an engine detail. The guy really loves making a car stand out to show room quality.he has sent me a few sneak peeks of all he has been doing throughout the process. To top it off, this is all on the house. We always talk about how Customer service is priority one, and this guy is proving it. There will definitely be a good sized "tip" thrown in just for the extra mile he is going. Picking it up tomorrow morning, so pics will be shown. I can't wait to see it.

·
Super Moderator
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Info sent in PM.

·
Super Moderator
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All I can say is WOW.....here is some eye candy

·
Super Moderator
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Couple more.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think a sealant. I will find out next week for sure. He ordered some touch up paint for me.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Very nice. Sealant is certainly the way to go for a car that gets driven. It doesn't look as good as a traditional wax, but it protects FAR better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts