Raptor Forum banner

Is the raptor faster then the DS 650, acceleration and top end?

• Raptor 660

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DS 650

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
my friend has a ds 650 its got lost of power and is really fast but the raptor is about the same but had way better handling id pick the raptor plus the raptor has rev. the ds 650 dont :confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was sure that the raptor would win, it has more power and it must be lighter then the DS. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Mad Fox said:
I was sure that the raptor would win, it has more power and it must be lighter then the DS. :thumbsup:
short drag i can take my friends ds but the longer the track the more he change he has to catch me and go flying by im about 140lbs has closer to 200 the ds is just geared more for the top end speed for liek fireroads and the raptor is more for the trails and small bit of fireroads

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Mad Fox said:
Are both of your quads stock?
at that time they were other then rear tiries mine ballon up bigger to give me more top end and he is still a bit faster then me in a long run just a few mph tho

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Out of all sport quads (beside the raptor) What would be the best buy for trail riding and small jumps, and if the new Can AM would be manual quad would it be on your list.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i own both. 2000 ds 650 and 2001 raptor

my raptor has a lot of engine mods and it obviously faster because the DS only has exhaust, intake and jetting. however stock for stock or just bolt on stuff like exhaust, intake and jetting i think the DS would tear the raptor apart.

stock handling easily goes to the DS its wider in the front and in the back, has a better suspension in the front and in the back and even though the ride height is higher on the DS it outhandles a stock 660 easily (my raptor's a lot wider than stock too so it handles fine now) - old 660s have a reputation for being "tippy" and i can see why, the rear is really narrow and so is the front, especially considering how high it is.

the new DS 650s and Bajas are a little different though, they made them narrower and shorter, that made it handle a little worse, i cant say about the engines.

both are great quads, if i were to get both stock it would be a really tough choice especially with my experiance with both of them, a 700 vs 650 i would take a 700 :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mad Fox said:
Out of all sport quads (beside the raptor) What would be the best buy for trail riding and small jumps, and if the new Can AM would be manual quad would it be on your list.
there are lots of good ones, it depends on you too, your size, if you are 6'6 220 a yfz or trx would be a little small for you to ride comfortably but a DS 650 would be really nice (overally they are really comfortable to ride, soft seat and good shape) but if you are 5'8 140lbs then a 450 would be really nice too, light and nimble.

overall 2nd place after raptor its either a ds650 or a yfz :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there are lots of good ones, it depends on you too, your size, if you are 6'6 220 a yfz or trx would be a little small for you to ride comfortably but a DS 650 would be really nice (overally they are really comfortable to ride, soft seat and good shape) but if you are 5'8 140lbs then a 450 would be really nice too, light and nimble.

overall 2nd place after raptor its either a ds650 or a yfz

Report to moderator Logged
Thanks I was thinking of buying a new quad, instead I will just put money on the 660

·
Registered
77 Posts
go up a tooth in the front sprocket, for speed, that will make a raptor hit some serious speeds!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts